+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to delay/extend the processing time for PR application?

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Hello all,

This question may seem weird to few but I need to know how can we delay the processing of PR application under PNP without jeopardizing the chances of approval?

My fiance has got master stream Ontario PNP and we have till April 2017 to submit PR app. Now me and my fiance have both got acceptances in school in US. Our program starts in April 2017. We want to pursue the program for 2 years and then would like to work in US for one or two years to make some money as jobs pay significantly more in US in our field. Then we would like to come back and and settle down in Canada once we get our school debt in control.

Now if we apply in the very last week, assuming the federal processing time is 16 months for Paper application, how can we further delay our processing? Are there any options ?
Normal 16 months processing would get us PPR in August 2018 and we can further delay landing for 6 months as they issue PR visa with some validity.

We will finish our school program in April 2019 and can do a short landing and can go back to work in US again. Then we can get 2.5 more years to work outside Canada without jeopardizing the PR residency obligations.

With all this I guess we can extend our option of maintaining valid PR status till around Nov 2021. Can anyone suggest anything more that could help delaying it more.

Thanks.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
SecularFirst said:
Hello all,

This question may seem weird to few but I need to know how can we delay the processing of PR application under PNP without jeopardizing the chances of approval?

My fiance has got master stream Ontario PNP and we have till April 2017 to submit PR app. Now me and my fiance have both got acceptances in school in US. Our program starts in April 2017. We want to pursue the program for 2 years and then would like to work in US for one or two years to make some money as jobs pay significantly more in US in our field. Then we would like to come back and and settle down in Canada once we get our school debt in control.

Now if we apply in the very last week, assuming the federal processing time is 16 months for Paper application, how can we further delay our processing? Are there any options ?
Normal 16 months processing would get us PPR in August 2018 and we can further delay landing for 6 months as they issue PR visa with some validity.

We will finish our school program in April 2019 and can do a short landing and can go back to work in US again. Then we can get 2.5 more years to work outside Canada without jeopardizing the PR residency obligations.

With all this I guess we can extend our option of maintaining valid PR status till around Nov 2021. Can anyone suggest anything more that could help delaying it more.

Thanks.
No need to delay.

You don't have to move to Canada as soon as you get pr. In the 5 years after you land, you have to be in the country for at least 2. So, once you get issued pr, you can land for a day to activate pr and then you don't have to return to Canada for 3 years.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Thanks for the response. I know we can be absent for 3 years. I just want to know if anything that an applicant can do to further delay the processing? Like not paying RPRF upfront can delay it a bit, any other options?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
SecularFirst said:
Thanks for the response. I know we can be absent for 3 years. I just want to know if anything that an applicant can do to further delay the processing? Like not paying RPRF upfront can delay it a bit, any other options?
Not really. You could just not apply until you are actually ready.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
We have to apply coz nomination would expire in six months, plus we can only apply for master stream within two years following graduation. It's just that we don't want to miss going to US dental school coz it's really hard to get into first place. Then we can't move to Canada soon after coz the debt would be enormous and wages are quite less in Canada. But we did masters here, spent so !much money and time in Canada and legally obtained PR by meeting all requirements. We don't want to let it go. We really would like to settle in Canada in future. On top of that US immigration is a nightmare for people from India and China. So just exploring my options. Thanks for the inputs though.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
SecularFirst said:
We have to apply coz nomination would expire in six months, plus we can only apply for master stream within two years following graduation. It's just that we don't want to miss going to US dental school coz it's really hard to get into first place. Then we can't move to Canada soon after coz the debt would be enormous and wages are quite less in Canada. But we did masters here, spent so !much money and time in Canada and legally obtained PR by meeting all requirements. We don't want to let it go. We really would like to settle in Canada in future. On top of that US immigration is a nightmare for people from India and China. So just exploring my options. Thanks for the inputs though.
So get your pr in Canada but don't move for 3 years. That's really the best option :)