+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to collect our "Goods to Follow"

tanginang_yan

Nov 30, 2006
Hi,

We are scheduled to land in Toronto soon and just wanted to inquire to procedure on how to collect our goods to follow. Basically we will fly to Toronto around 2-3 days after are household goods are picked up by a moving company, from San Francisco CA. I estimate it will cross the Cnadian border 3-7 days afte our landing. Do the movers need a copy of the stamped Goods to Follow List? Do I need to claim my household goods at a Canadian Customs Warehouse? Or can the movers ship my goods to the final destination, without getting taxed.

I appreciate all your help.

thanks
Harry

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
Filipino ka ba?.
Im from Orange county and planning to land this summer.
Here's a link regarding your goods to follow.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4151/rc4151-e.html#P98_1921

hope it helps. goodluck

canada2007

Nov 28, 2006
Hello,
We stayed in touch with our movers/driver until he crossed the border. We had to return to the Canadian customs when the driver arrived with our goods. (Driver had his own list). We attached our list to forms 4a/b as the list was over 10 pgs. Make sure you give the list (forms 4a/b) to the imm/officer when you cross the border. Don't forget to make copies for yourself.
As long as your goods are listed on the form, you don't have to pay taxes. This was our experience. Please read the cic website for rules/regulations. Hope this helps. Good luck!