+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply to IRCC to confirm my eligibility to sponsor my wife for a PR in Quebec

m52005

Jan 8, 2024
Hi,

On the QC website, it says that we must first apply for QC but before starting the application with QC:

"You must have submitted a sponsorship application in advance to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) . You must then have received a letter from IRCC that:

• Was sent to you, not to the person you want to sponsor;
  • Indicates that you are eligible for the sponsorship;
  • Invites you to continue the steps you are taking with the Gouvernement du Québec."
I am struggling to find where and how to apply for that IRCC letter of approval. We started an online application on IRCC for my wife but the first form asks for her CSQ (which I'm under the impression is issued AFTER applying to Quebec)

Please help... It is very confusing where to start!

Thanks in advance

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
I'm assuming you applied online on IRCC, that's "Application for permanent residence":
https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/

Then, you just need to wait. The sponsor will receive AOR by email, then an invitation to apply the CSQ.

You need these 2 documents to apply for CSQ and follow the instructions :
https://www.quebec.ca/immigration/parrainer-membre-famille/parrainer-partenaire-conjugal/presenter-demande-engagement-conjoint
Does that mean that we need to submit the full application first to the Federal Government, before applying for the CSQ?

Or is there an application that the sponsor has to submit first?

Asking because one of the required documents is the CSQ.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Does that mean that we need to submit the full application first to the Federal Government, before applying for the CSQ?

Or is there an application that the sponsor has to submit first?

Asking because one of the required documents is the CSQ.
Apply to the IRCC first. When you are in the right step, they will send a letter requesting to submit the CSQ request to MIFI (usually, it is part of the letter for sponsor approval).