+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for visit visa and how much would it cost?

shaseth

Oct 30, 2008
Hello, my work visa in the US is about to expire. By law I have to go out of US to have my visa re-stamp. The nearest I can go to is Canada. But I cannot just enter Canada without a visit visa. What are the procedures and the requirements in applying a visit visa to Canada? Also, my employer needs to know how much would it cost them for the visit visa?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should check this with border control but I have heard of people doing it the other way around, that is who are living in Canada and need to go to the border to change work permit that they do not need a visa to enter the US. The can go through the Canada side, tell the border control on the US side that they do not wish to enter the US, that they are only there to change Canadian work permit, border control in the US will turn them around and they will arrive in Canada again and change their permit. If this is possible, I don't see why it would not work the other way around, from the US but if you want to visit Canada anyway, you can apply for a visit visa here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp and the fee you see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256E4.asp $75 for one person single entry.

shaseth

Oct 30, 2008
The thing is US Embassy outside US is the only one authorized to re-stamp my US work visa. That is why I have to go out US. My friend too was required by Canada and Mexico for a visit visa before she can go to the US Embassy of either country. But since she's in Southern part of US, she just went to Mexico which is closer to her. I'm at the upstate and Canada is closer to me.

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
I think its pretty straight forward if you have all the paperwork from your employer showing that you are on a work visa with them, still employed by them and will be returning to them. Then, go to the US Embassy website for the Canadian office nearest you (Toronto, probably) and schedule an appointment with them for an interview. Then, go to the Canadian embassy closest to you there and apply for a visitor visa...

lm

May 4, 2009
Hey shaseth , I am in a similar situation. Did it work for you? Going to canada and getting your H1b visa for US from there

Thanks.