+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for spouse's Canadian immigratoin while living abroad

telhuang

Nov 11, 2009
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen and I live in US. I am about to marry to a non-Canadian, and was wondering if anyone know how I can apply for my fiancee's Canadian immigration, while both of us are living in US. Thank you!

T

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
As a citizen, you can sponsor from anywhere in the world. The only thing you need to add to the application is proof that you intend to move to Canada once your wife is given her permanent resident visa. You can prove that by showing you have a house in Canada, have rented a place to live in Canada, have a job offer or intend to go to school in Canada, show you've tried finding a job in Canada, show you have relatives in Canada that know of your plans to move there (emails, letters) and if they're willing to let you stay with them until you find your own place.

Other than that, the process for you is pretty much the same as it would be if you were in Canada. The forms you will need are here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

I would suggest starting with the guide. And if you have any further questions after that, do come back ;)

sophiaw7

Nov 12, 2009
Hi mitamata, I am in the same situation.........as for the proof of intending to move to Canada,

1. does it limited to these types only? " You can prove that by showing you have a house in Canada, have rented a place to live in Canada, have a job offer or intend to go to school in Canada, show you've tried finding a job in Canada, show you have relatives in Canada that know of your plans to move there (emails, letters) and if they're willing to let you stay with them until you find your own place. "

2. is it a MUST to show the paper proof of itending to move to canada? i.e. if there is no paper proof for that, the application will be 100% refused?

thanks a lot!!!!
Sophia

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
yes, they can refuse your application if you do not proof your intend to settle in Canada. it's not difficult as you can get letters from relatives living in Canada who can show intend to give you place to live and support you till you get a job. sometimes it's enough.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
telhuang said:
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen and I live in US. I am about to marry to a non-Canadian, and was wondering if anyone know how I can apply for my fiancee's Canadian immigration, while both of us are living in US. Thank you!

T
first you fiancee should become your wife, otherwise there's no way for her to get a fiancee visa, as a fiancee visa doesn't exist in Canada now - it was canceled several years ago.