+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to appeal a notice of redetermination for CERB? Still owe total sum after sending in proof of income.

Apr 23, 2023
Hello,

I have a question regarding the notice of redetermination I received for CERB.

In the 12 months before my application for CERB, I earned more than $5000. A few months ago, I received a letter from the CRA requesting proof of income to determine my eligibility for receiving CERB. I sent in 12 monthly invoices for that entire year, demonstrating that I earned more than $5000 in that year.

Despite this, I received a notice of redetermination stating that they redetermined my benefits using the information I provided, but they are still demanding the full sum of money to be repaid. I am currently unable to pay this amount back, and I believe that I was eligible for these benefits.

How can I appeal this notice of redetermination, and is it possible to win this dispute?

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I have a question regarding the notice of redetermination I received for CERB.

In the 12 months before my application for CERB, I earned more than $5000. A few months ago, I received a letter from the CRA requesting proof of income to determine my eligibility for receiving CERB. I sent in 12 monthly invoices for that entire year, demonstrating that I earned more than $5000 in that year.

Despite this, I received a notice of redetermination stating that they redetermined my benefits using the information I provided, but they are still demanding the full sum of money to be repaid. I am currently unable to pay this amount back, and I believe that I was eligible for these benefits.

How can I appeal this notice of redetermination, and is it possible to win this dispute?

Thank you!
This is way beyond the scope of an immigration forum.