+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to amend Offer of Employment already submitted to IRCC?

biggyboy35058

Jan 23, 2023
I wonder if someone might have any info.... I am a Canadian Employer, who provided an offer of employment (OofE) to a foreign National under the HSWP. The applicant submitted his application December 2022. Since that time, the inflation rate and cost of living in BC, where I live, has gone up significantly. Therefore, due to the aforesaid, and considering the extended processing time, I feel that it would be appropriate to raise the wage amount of his OofE, to be more realistic. However, I do not know how or where I can request that kind of amendment. Anyone have any idea? My concern is that IRCC will look at the original wage amount, and find a reason to refuse the application based on the wage not being high enough or realistic at the time when they finally process it. This is extremely frustrating as an employer! Help?!

myrrah0315

Feb 23, 2021
I wonder if someone might have any info.... I am a Canadian Employer, who provided an offer of employment (OofE) to a foreign National under the HSWP. The applicant submitted his application December 2022. Since that time, the inflation rate and cost of living in BC, where I live, has gone up significantly. Therefore, due to the aforesaid, and considering the extended processing time, I feel that it would be appropriate to raise the wage amount of his OofE, to be more realistic. However, I do not know how or where I can request that kind of amendment. Anyone have any idea? My concern is that IRCC will look at the original wage amount, and find a reason to refuse the application based on the wage not being high enough or realistic at the time when they finally process it. This is extremely frustrating as an employer! Help?!
I think, IRCC will be asking you for updated Offer of Employment along the process. How considerate an employer you are, so admirable. I hope all employers are like you

Reactions: Hummingbird89