+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to add spouse After completing my profile under CEC class

InNeed

Jun 8, 2020
Hi All,

I just received my ITA during the 150th draw for CEC class.
I have completed my profile by attaching all the documents required such as medical, pcc etc.

Now I am planning to get married by the end of July2020.

My girlfriend is in Canada and has PGWP work permit. she is also working but her 1 year of job work completes by December 2020.

After we get married, i want to be able to add her as my spouse in my current application which is being processed under CEC category.

long story short I don't want my profile points to be recalculated and at the same time I just want to add her to my profile, so that we dont have to go through the entire process again.

I heard people saying that its not a good option to go for, rather they suggested that get married after you receive your PR and then apply for spouse sponsorship.

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!

Any leads will be appreciated.

One more thing do i need a lawyer to process the spouse part of my application or can i do it by my own?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
"Long story short I don't want my profile points to be recalculated and at the same time I just want to add her to my profile, so that we don' have to go through the entire process again."
Unfortunately, that's not possible. Take everyone's advice and wait until you get your PR before you get married.

Reactions: InNeed