+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How should we proceed/ What is our best Course of Action

Drax88

Dec 7, 2015
My girlfriend and I would Like the begin the process of getting her permanent status in Quebec/Canada.

A little Background information: She is currently in Quebec attending University on a valid student Visa (Expires at the end of next year). She is completely fluent in English and has obtained an acceptable level of French. We have lived together for well over a year so I believe we qualify for common law partnership, which means that I should be able to sponsor her.

- Has a University degree in translation and is working on a second degree in Human Environment.
- 8+ years of work experience
- No kids
- 31 years old
- Not married (But common law)
- Can provide financial proof
- No relatives living here
- Has been in Quebec for about 2 years now.
- No full time work lined up as of yet.

I am a full Canadian citizen and have been here since birth. I am more than willing to sponsor her, and have the financial means to do so. With the information provided, would it be a better option for her to apply to stay here under permanent worker or Family Sponsorship? Does she have enough of a claim to be able to stay? Would it help if we were married (It would not be a marriage of convenience as we have been a couple for nearly 2 years and have plenty of proof regarding that)

If so, will she be able to remain here for the length of the application process or would she need to go back to her home country?