+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How should we do this? Embassy in Santo Domingo Wouldn't give info.

zabrinaw

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Santo Domingo
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
Okay I asked a question earlier and didn't get much response.

Me and my boyfriend are in the dom rep (he's dominican), we want to get married and go to Canada, and in Canada apply for spouse sponsorship (we have birthday cards, pictures, emails, phone bills to prove our relationship). We want to apply inland for sure the problem is the last time we tried to get the TRV, this time we found an employer that will show he gives my boyfriend 15,000 pesos a month and were going to put his stay for less time last time we put 60 days, this time we will put 15 days, then we will extend his stay in Canada after we apply for Sponsorship.
So.. Will it be best to get married here before applying for the visa? OR Here after we get the TRV? OR when we arrive in Canada?

campesinaj

Star Member
Jan 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima, Peru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2010
AOR Received.
29-06-2010 In Process in Lima
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
17-03-2011
from my experience, the problem with trying to get the TRV while the spouse or, in your case girlfriend, is living in Canada is that the government doesn't believe the visitor will leave once their visa is over. if they have any suspicions he wants to marry you and stay on, then they likely won't grant the visa. the purpose of the TRV is for visiting, not staying. That's why so many people on this forum are seperated from their loved ones.

In our case, I decided to live in my husband's country, Bolivia, during the process so that we could be together. It's not always easy living in a developing country and earning a tiny percentage of what I could in Canada, being away from my family, etc. but it's a decision I made with my husband. After all, he's making the sacrifice of leaving his family to move to Canada with me!

We were able to get him a TRV to get married in Canada and meet my family this past winter. But it was important that we BOTH prove our intentions to return to Bolivia (rental contract, work letters, bank accounts).

I guess I can\t directly tell you what to do, but just offer my story to help you think about it. It's complicated and something that you will have to think it through. hope this helps somewhat! good luck.

I

iarblue

Visiting Canada: Who is eligible
To visit Canada, you must:

•have a valid travel document, such as a passport
•be in good health
•satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
•satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit and
•have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
You may also need:

•a Temporary Resident Visa, depending on your citizenship (see Visas and Exemptions below)
•a medical examination and
•a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.

The biggest thing about applying for a visa is to prove they will leave the country after the visa expires,even though in your mind your going to extend they do not care about this they just want to be satisfied they will leave after the visa expires (if the extension was not granted).Above you will see some examples of ties.
If he does not have a job to go back to,a family there(children),property,a lease agreement,a house,and enough money in his account to support himself.Even though you say you will be working to support him,thats not how they look at it,they think ok if they get into a fight and you kick him out then he is in Canada with no money.
And since you are just going back to Canada they know you do not have a job as of yet to even say you would support him.You need to look at their point of view,ask yourself with the info you give them would you believe you were going to leave.