+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how many years do I have to meet the LICO for the super visa?

austinsteve24

Feb 7, 2024
My wife started a job 3 months back that meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) requirement, but she didn't meet it based on her last year's Notice of Assessment (NOA). However, I meet the LICO requirement based on my NOA from last year. I'm considering applying for a Super Visa for my in-laws given our current situation. I'm concerned about how many years my wife needs to meet the LICO for the Super Visa, especially since she only started her job 3 months ago?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife started a job 3 months back that meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) requirement, but she didn't meet it based on her last year's Notice of Assessment (NOA). However, I meet the LICO requirement based on my NOA from last year. I'm considering applying for a Super Visa for my in-laws given our current situation. I'm concerned about how many years my wife needs to meet the LICO for the Super Visa, especially since she only started her job 3 months ago?
LICO is based on income earned in Canada not salary which is why NOA is the prefered proof. You can co-sign for a supervisa for your in-laws so they would qualify right away. If your wife only recently moved to Canada I would wait a while because supervisa TRV is not meant to allow parents to move to Canada with their child. If IRCC has concerns that they are attempting to try and move to Canada with their daughter the supervisa can be denied. Once your wife has become more established in Canda her parents can apply to come visit on a supervisa or a regular TRV.