Star Member
May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, do you know if they have a MAXIMUM on pictures that you can send ??

I mean if I have been living with my husband for 3+ years in his country I have 1000+ pictures in and around the country.

Has anyone come across a situation where there was TOO many/much pictures/information provided ??
(I know that's kind of an oxy moron, but in regards to the pictures) ;D

Deejay

Oct 8, 2009
Don't send more than one pictures from the same events.
For example if you have 20 pictures from a party on April 19th, just send 1 picture from this party, more is useless as they count it only as 1 event anyway.
In my opinion, about 20 pictures from 20 different events is all enough. Favor pictures in public with people around. Favor pictures different from each others, like different places, different haircut, different style, etc. Make it like a story spread on 3 years with about 20 pictures.

Now if you don't have other supporting elements, you might want to put twice as much pictures.

Hope it helps.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I don't suppose there is any limit on the number of photos or the amount of other info you could send. The visa officers don't like wading through a lot of stuff, but on the other hand if you don't have enough you're in trouble. One important consideration is to make all the evidence easily understandable: put it in order, number the pages, and put an index at the front explaining what things are and how it relates to proving your relationship is genuine, put explanatory captions with each photo, etc.
Because you have lived with your husband for three years already, you must have a lot of evidence of your relationship, so a huge number of photos wouldn't be necessary. Someone with less evidence will need more photos. I agree with the previous poster - one photo per event is good, with as wide a variety as possible. Exceptions are of course your engagement party, if any, your wedding, and honeymoon, which should all be well documented with photos.

That said, I would definitely put in more than 20 photos. Maybe try for an average of one a month from the total length of your relationship - i.e., before marriage and after - plus the engagement/wedding/honeymoon pics.

At the interview of a friend of my husband's - a Nigerian man applying through the Accra, Ghana, office, which is well-known for refusing more than 40% of spousal application - the visa officer exclaimed, "You've sent in way too much proof!" Way too much must be just about enough, then, because his application had a lot of problems and yet he got his visa. No appeal required.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I used about 150 photos.. and that's with the fact that I lost a huge amount in a fire a couple of years back. It seems that most people on here send about 100 or so.. so maybe try to weed them down a bit from the 1000 :)

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
My wife and I met four times before applying (one of which included the wedding), these holidays were over a five year period, we just included a few pictures from each holiday, usually ones which also showed where we were on holiday and thus placed us in specific locations. We also sent a selection of photos from the wedding and reception. In total we probably sent less than 20 photos and there was no request for additional info. As long as the relationship can be proven to be over a few years (which the photos did) then there is little need to go overboard. It Immigration officers don't need to see loads and loads of photos of you in various poses, as long as they show you over a period of time.

As you have been together for three years, a small selection spanning that time should suffice.

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although there is no actual limit to the number of photos, I would keep it to a minimum; include important photos, such as big events, with each others family etc...

To be honest, I dont think an IO has any desire to sidft through a hundred or more photos, and in all likliness, they probably wont. They will look through several and once they are satisfied, that will be it. I wouldnt overload an application, as to me- it seems less "neat and organized".
We only sent about 20 photos, but they ranged a 6 year span, included trips we took, evidence of us growing up together and photos with each others family.

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
I'm like you Ash, but might actuall estimate about 8 - 10,000! :) What can I say, I'm a shutterbug! The thing is though, they are mostly me taking photos of them on our various outings and trips. We have loads together ant our wedding and reception though, and I am asking frirends we have gone out with to send stuff they have taken to top it up.

eagle

Feb 8, 2010
Hey

I am an Inland got my application in on May 24th 2010, i made several smaller packages of 5" X 6" envelopes and included 5-6 pictures from each :
- our trips
- commitment ceremony
-engagement
-wedding
-reception
-honeymoon
-most recent pics
I labelled the envelopes clearly and in my document i gave a brief description of each event in a bulleted format and referenced these envelopes something like this
" Pictures from the wedding are included in the envelope labelled 'WEDDING CEREMONY' "
I included brief details on othe back of some pictures, basically identifying the key people , my parents, my wife's parents , siblings,close friends etc etc.
Other forms of proof or supporting documentation i submitted was
- screenshots of my email inbox showing emails from my wife over the period of last 2 years
- copies of hotel reservations from our trips along with Airline tickets

Hope this helps

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
i included 200, a few from activities we did when we visited each other and then pleanty showing us with various family and friends. And of course a few from the wedding and reception :)
I dont think there is a maximum amount but realistically there's only so many you can fully label without going crazy!