+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many chance do we need?

villacuba

Jan 5, 2011
Hi, Everyone

here is my story, i'm sponsoring my wife to apply inland PR visa, we knew each other on facebook on April 2010, we met in person on July after knwoing each other online, and we fell in love afterwards & lived together since august, we got married on October, so now here i am helping her to become a PR since she's acatully holding a work holiday visa in Canada from korea, i'm permanent residence in canada, i would like to knwo how many chance do we have to get the first stage approval ? the fact we just got married Oct.2010 & We knew each other for only 7 month. btw, both of us working right now, both of us have a decent job, i'm a little worried after checking on line about inland application, i'm sorry for my poor english, but i hope i could have some advise from here, do we have some chance to get the PR ? or should i wait untill we our marriage anniversary or at least 6 month after marrige?

many thansk in advance for your opinion!

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
You should be fine. Once you are married, you are married. The only question is whether you only got married for immigration purposes, which would not be accepted. You need to prove that a relationship developed up to the time of the marriage. It sounds like you should be able to do that easily.

matti

Jan 7, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
18-04-2011
File Transfer...
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
22-01-2011
Interview........
04-08-2011
Passport Req..
04-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hi,
I'm more or less on the same boat as villacuba. I met my Swedish Girlfriend (Now Wife) in Toronto in June last year. She was here on vacation for a few months and then moved back to Sweden. As our relationship progressed, I went for a visit and stayed for a month with her in Sweden before deciding to get married. Our marriage took place on Jan 1 (last week) in Europe and now, we have decided for her to move with me to Toronto by summer.
Our concern is, like villacuba's, with the little time gap between the marriage date and the upcoming application which we want to submit. We are a little worried that our application might be delayed or even worse, refused.

Would it be better if we waited a few more months before applying for sponsorship ?

Thank you!

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Hi Villacuba,

I too, like you met my husband online, and married after just seven months. We moved in together after only after five months of us knowing each other. I don't think it should be a problem. I am sure there are people like us who fall in love shortly after meeting. I think you should apply rightaway, personally I wasted a lot of time and now I have a long wait ahead of me.