+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long to wait for my medical, is there an end in New Delhi

rajani.venkatesh

Sep 24, 2008
Hello Friends,

I got married in June 2008. My papers finally arrived in New Delhi on Dec 4th 2008. eCAS says processing from Dec 4th 2008.

I am on a medical condition (suspected TB). I went thru rounds of testing and medications etc., Finally I was cleared by my TB doctor and the DMP sent report to New Delhi on June 30th 2009.

New Delhi has received the reports on July 2 2009. It has been 13 weeks till date that the final report has been received by New Delhi. I have not heard ANYTHING SO FAR from New Delhi. No letter of any kind, no passport request or any more info from them about my case.

Not sure what to do on this situation. I emailed asking for a status, but no answer So now I am totally lost as to what to do.

Any inputs, suggestions on how to address this would be appreciated. I am totally lost.

Will an attempt to withdraw application trigger any responses ?

-R

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why on earth would you consider withdrawing your application after waiting so long?? They certainly won't 'spring into action' if you threaten to withdraw your application. No loss to them if you withdraw your application -- it's one less application for them to process. The loss will be yours as you'll need to re-apply, pay your fees and wait all over again. Bad idea.

When you say that you emailed them, did you send a case-specific enquiry through the New Delhi visa office website? If not, do that. Also contact your MP and get them to enquire on your behalf. Good luck.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perhaps the delay may be due to the medical report. I think you will get an answer from New Delhi shortly. Just relax. Good luck.

rajani.venkatesh said:
Hello Friends,

I got married in June 2008. My papers finally arrived in New Delhi on Dec 4th 2008. eCAS says processing from Dec 4th 2008.

I am on a medical condition (suspected TB). I went thru rounds of testing and medications etc., Finally I was cleared by my TB doctor and the DMP sent report to New Delhi on June 30th 2009.

New Delhi has received the reports on July 2 2009. It has been 13 weeks till date that the final report has been received by New Delhi. I have not heard ANYTHING SO FAR from New Delhi. No letter of any kind, no passport request or any more info from them about my case.

Not sure what to do on this situation. I emailed asking for a status, but no answer So now I am totally lost as to what to do.

Any inputs, suggestions on how to address this would be appreciated. I am totally lost.

Will an attempt to withdraw application trigger any responses ?

-R

rajani.venkatesh

Sep 24, 2008
Friends,

I have waited enough. I dont know how to get answers from anyone.

Can I take legal action against CHC in Delhi ?

Are these folks answerable at all to anyone ?

Is there any time by which the CHC folks have to answer ?

My husband emails, they say sorry cant answer you. If I email they dont even reply. How long do I have to be in this limbo ?

I am beginning to feel that CHC is trying to breakup my marriage.

What happens if I keep faxing them each day and email them each day ? Will they get pissed and finally answer ?

Can I fax the RHC to answer me at all ?

Finally, AM I SCREWED HERE ?

-S

asimkhan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/09
File Transfer...
21/04/09
Med's Done....
06/01/09
Passport Req..
29/06/2010
I know it will b abnoxious to u but all wt I can say is wait, pray n hope 4 the best along wid prepapration 4 the worst..................... I m a husband of someone loving n dad of a beautiful 1 year old lil sweetheart named ZYNAH khan i m fm Pakistan n i m almost in same agony but all we can do is just to wait n pray we cant take any legal action against them.................right now its their country its their right to accept or reject anyone with or without listening................so b calm n wait 4 a lil while as u hv done most of the rigrous part of this tough waiting period.........................wish u v best of luck

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faxing and emailing will definitely piss them off. But just be aware that it's very likely to have the opposite effect to what you intend. They could very easily get pissed off and just ignore you thus delaying your application further.

I'm reposting what i said the last time in your previous post on the same subject.........

I think you have to ask yourself what sort of resolution you are looking for. Are you expecting a. fast processing and finalization of your application or b. monetary resolution? I certainly don't think a court order can force them to finalize your application. They cannot and will not issue a visa until all the information is available to them. You said that you re-did your medical on Oct. 29. You should be aware that the results are sent to the REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTRE, not directly to New Delhi CHC. The RMC typically takes 4-6 weeks to input the information into their database at which point the results will be available to ND CHC.

As for receiving any sort of financial compensation, well, I don't know how the Indian court system works, but my guess is that you would end up empty-handed and could instead end up dragging your finalization out longer. I agree with Suin that trying to fight this with a lawyer could instead backfire on you.

I've read through your previous posts, rajani, and although I totally sympathize with your frustration, in all fairness, you must admit that a large part of your wait time was due to an issue with suspected TB which needed to be cleared before your application could proceed. That is outside of CIC's control. So although yes you did initially apply almost 1 year ago, it's only been about 4 months since that issue was resolved and your application could proceed which is not an unreasonable amount of time to wait by any standard. I know it's difficult to wait when you have already waited so long but I really think that it will just be another few weeks before everything is resolved. Just hang in there. Good luck.

rajani.venkatesh

Sep 24, 2008
Asim,

Thanks for those calming words.

Is there no end in sight. My marriage was in June 2008. We are here in Dec 2009 almost. My app started processing in Dec 4 2008 in New Delhi.

I have done enough. My medical itself has taken almost 9 months.

I think sometimes that these people have no reason at all.

My DMP is another big ass. Instead of being compassionate, she is all the more rough causing more headache.

I dont know if I had issues with my health but if these folks say then I had to go thru treatment.

We cant challenge them, we cant rebuff them.

Totally messed up process.

This sucks man really sucks.

-S

asimkhan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/09
File Transfer...
21/04/09
Med's Done....
06/01/09
Passport Req..
29/06/2010
dear rajani
i can understand ur pain n agony caz i m going through the same time.................................moreover just 4 ur info i hv served in such a post of Pak that never let u wait anywhere n now this is biggest wait of my life......................even then I m baring it out with all those technicalities I cant tell u or advise u to do something wt i can tell u is again just pray n wait...............................let them tell u first then u can c wt all options u have with u
our time here wt i knew was 6 months but now its almost 8 months n totally from Canada when my wife submitted the forms it makes 10 months so almost abt to b a year n wt i m doing right now is just patience which is v painful 4 me caz of my service specially as I told u we never had to wait
so i would once again request u to wait n pray INSHALLAH u will b wid ur hubby v sooooon i think u will get reply in december 4 sure

nola

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The prayers can make ( miracles ) :) ..really.. I mean it...

As she said -ariell :

I certainly don't think a court order can force them to finalize your application. They cannot and will not issue a visa until all the information is available to them.
That is outside of CIC's control. So although yes you did initially apply almost 1 year ago, it's only been about 4 months since that issue was resolved and your application could proceed which is not an unreasonable amount of time to wait by any standard. I know it's difficult to wait when you have already waited so long but I really think that it will just be another few weeks before everything is resolved. Just hang in there. Good luck.

That is right..... I do not think any thing can resolve your problem.... except ( praying and waiting )....