+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long to get an eligibility interview? - Refugee in Canada

Rhb

Dec 7, 2021
Hello,
I applied for a refugee claim in August 2021 and I did not get my eligibility interview until now. I know people who applied after me and got their eligibility interview already.
I am working using my PGWP which will expire Dec 21st.
I tried to contact the IRCC and the IRB but had no luck reaching them AT ALL.

My questions are:
- Are there options for me to be able to keep working while waiting on my refugee work permit? Or do I need to wait until my eligibility interview?
- How long does it take to get the eligibility interview from the day you apply?
- How long does it take to get the work permit if you got accepted in the interview?

I know COVID has affected the processing times, but if there's anyone who knows the answers to these questions or has gone through a similar experience please share, I really appreciate your insight!

Thank you very much!!

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Hello,
I applied for a refugee claim in August 2021 and I did not get my eligibility interview until now. I know people who applied after me and got their eligibility interview already.
I am working using my PGWP which will expire Dec 21st.
I tried to contact the IRCC and the IRB but had no luck reaching them AT ALL.

My questions are:
- Are there options for me to be able to keep working while waiting on my refugee work permit? Or do I need to wait until my eligibility interview?
- How long does it take to get the eligibility interview from the day you apply?
- How long does it take to get the work permit if you got accepted in the interview?

I know COVID has affected the processing times, but if there's anyone who knows the answers to these questions or has gone through a similar experience please share, I really appreciate your insight!

Thank you very much!!
In which city did you apply? Processing times differ from city to city depending on the local IRCC office.