+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long takes for security background check?and has anyone waited for 10months or more for this?

Annagh

Jan 27, 2018
Hi, anyone knows how long a security background check will take to be completed. I have been waiting almost 10 months. and since the last update on my case was on October 15th and still shows my background check is under process. Even the GCMS notes in Jan that I requested showed I have passed eligibility and the background check and no sign of security screening but my security background shows hasn't been started yet! I even called them they said they are doing security background check and its up to the third-party to complete it so I have to just wait but I don't understand if its not security screening which requires longer time then why do I have to wait so long for just a background and all my medical & everything esle gonna get expire soon :( Anyone going through the same situation, and idea??

Arsalan Khan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same here ... last update in may 2017.. since then its been BG checks... and my medical expired in Nov 2017, no request for a new one yet, some people get a request for a new medical when the BG checks and everything is done some dont... . you dont have to worry about ur ielts, if ur passport is gona expire, i suggest u get a new one before its expiry and update cic about it too... rest you just have to wait .. you cant do anything..

Annagh

Jan 27, 2018
same here ... last update in may 2017.. since then its been BG checks... and my medical expired in Nov 2017, no request for a new one yet, some people get a request for a new medical when the BG checks and everything is done some dont... . you dont have to worry about ur ielts, if ur passport is gona expire, i suggest u get a new one before its expiry and update cic about it too... rest you just have to wait .. you cant do anything..
Thanks for the info, So how long in total are you waiting to get your PR? and have you applied from inside of Canada or from outside? cause my case I'm in Canada with a tourist visa expires in three months.
I am also liaising my case with an MP so that maybe they can expedite my case somehow but so far no luck! and I am scared that i have to wait for another 6 months !!