+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it takes after submitting additional documents for PR renewal?

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Hello Seniors,

My husband's PR renewal application was delivered on 2020 Aug, in 2020 Nov, we received the request asking for additional documents. We have submitted the needed documents online per request in the end of Nov, 2020. Since then, there is no further information in ECAS and IRCC website.

A few days ago, We sent webform to ask the status, the reply is :

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Is there anyone has similar case before and can someone suggest what to do next? Thank you very much.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello Seniors,

My husband's PR renewal application was delivered on 2020 Aug, in 2020 Nov, we received the request asking for additional documents. We have submitted the needed documents online per request in the end of Nov, 2020. Since then, there is no further information in ECAS and IRCC website.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Is there anyone has similar case before and can someone suggest what to do next? Thank you very much.
be patience

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello Seniors,

It depends on your case i think. what documents they asked.
were you short of residence days or any other residence address/days proof?

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
It depends on your case i think. what documents they asked.
were you short of residence days or any other residence address/days proof?
They request the entry/exit records and passport all pages and etc.
No, the residence day is enough, around 15 days more than required when submitting the documents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you continued to meet your RO since you submitted? It becomes a rolling total after the first 5 years so on any day you will need to meet the 2 out of 5 years. Normally in a case like yours you'd need to pick up your new card in person so they could doublecheck your passport and make sure you continue to meet your RO.

arun.k

Dec 20, 2012
Oh I am in a similar situation. Application for renewal submitted in October, additional documents submitted January 16. No progress since then. I meet RO with a margin of 100 plus days. If fly van's case is an indication there are brutal delays

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Oh I am in a similar situation. Application for renewal submitted in October, additional documents submitted January 16. No progress since then. I meet RO with a margin of 100 plus days. If fly van's case is an indication there are brutal delays
Hey, it took a very long time. Renewal submitted on Aug. 6, additional document submitted on Nov. 27th, until now, no further update.
Btw, how did you submit your additional documents? By mail or online in IRCC website?

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Have you continued to meet your RO since you submitted? It becomes a rolling total after the first 5 years so on any day you will need to meet the 2 out of 5 years. Normally in a case like yours you'd need to pick up your new card in person so they could doublecheck your passport and make sure you continue to meet your RO.
Thank you, yes, meet the RO. Now the situation is that it has been half of year, no update on the status.