+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long it gonna takes to get approve for a live-in caregiver pr application

honeylemontea

Jan 15, 2010
I just heard from me friend that the whole processing time for live in caregiver's PR application has changed from 15 months to 9 months. is that ture? if it is when it gonna effect and anyone could please post the article?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
honeylemontea said:
I just heard from me friend that the whole processing time for live in caregiver's PR application has changed from 15 months to 9 months. is that ture? if it is when it gonna effect and anyone could please post the article?
Possible; is your friend single? What visa office/region did your friend's "second stage" processing go to?

honeylemontea

Jan 15, 2010
my friend is single and she is living in toronto. I am in the same condition. so how long it gonna takes for my second stage to get approve? approximately?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

honeylemontea said:
Unlikely since first level approval is taking 6 months.

PMM

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
There have been posts of getting the first stage approval at less than 6 months. So I am assuming that if there have been LCP PR applicants who managed to obtain AIP/OWP in 6-10 weeks then it may also be possible to obtain the PR in less than 15 months.

But the norm is as PMM has posted- 5-6 months for the AIP/OWP.

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
job_seeker said:
Possible; is your friend single? What visa office/region did your friend's "second stage" processing go to?

Do you mean procession for single is faster than who has dependent?

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Oh, I see. ;D I hope the procession of live in caregiver will take time a little bit faster cause I heard about who married with Canadian that apply PR a lot of them a PR status so fast; some took only 4-6 months.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
kitt1517 said:
Oh, I see. ;D I hope the procession of live in caregiver will take time a little bit faster cause I heard about who married with Canadian that apply PR a lot of them a PR status so fast; some took only 4-6 months.
The normal processing time for first stage approval of live in caregiver is 5-6 months; medicals, background checks will take longer especially if applicant has lived in many countries. Probably for others who had gotten married and had proven their relationships were genuine that is why their processing went fast. It isn't always like that, sadly.

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
does anyone has experience about spouse apply TRV visa to wait PR inside Canada <under LIC>? I just wonder can we do this? :'( ahhh cause I really miss my husband if he can, it gonna be awesome!!! :D