+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get my passport now

zyz960615

Aug 31, 2020
Hi everyone, I completed my oath last week and just received the certificate of citizenship yesterday. I'm just wondering how long it will take now for me to get my passport if I use the mail-in service. Before COVID, IRCC claims it would take 20 business days. But they don't mention anything about if COVID will affect the speed.

I'll have an important exam on November 2nd which will require me to show my passport in order to take the exam.

i'm worried I may not be able to receive my passport on time. I‘m in Toronto. But before deciding to take the in-person service, I just want to confirm how long it will take now for IRCC to process the passport application. Anyone here with experience can give some advice? Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I completed my oath last week and just received the certificate of citizenship yesterday. I'm just wondering how long it will take now for me to get my passport if I use the mail-in service. Before COVID, IRCC claims it would take 20 business days. But they don't mention anything about if COVID will affect the speed.

I'll have an important exam on November 2nd which will require me to show my passport in order to take the exam.

i'm worried I may not be able to receive my passport on time. I‘m in Toronto. But before deciding to take the in-person service, I just want to confirm how long it will take now for IRCC to process the passport application. Anyone here with experience can give some advice? Thanks a lot in advance!
See the web site:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/processing-times.html

Specifically:

We try our best to meet our current service standards. We deliver over 99% of passports on time or earlier. The processing times are based on how you applied and if you asked for express or urgent service.

Reactions: zyz960615