+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long does it really take

cute123

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 14 2008
how long does it really take to get an answer if your spouse gets the pr or not? in canada we were approved but we have been waiting for the colombian office to let us know if he was approved or not, they havent answered us since october 2009 how long more should i wait? does it take more then 2 years or is it pure luck?

I

iarblue

Bogata is 16 months for 80% so approximatly 16 months from the day the visa office recieved the file,it could be a little less or a little more depending on the background checks.

cute123

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 14 2008
so they received it in october 2009 so pretty much around december of this year they will give me an answer? or is it counting since the time the whole application was received by canada office in canada or only counting bogota?

man i really hope they let us know fast, i have been waiting with my husband to see if he is approved so we could travel together but if they dont let us know soon i m going to have to travel by myself and i dont want that....

does it matter if the medicals exams already expired since they have the application for such a long time?

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You know what I think, I think that if your case is being processed in the visa office in the country where your spouse is from, it will probably be faster than if it is being processed in a visa office in a country where your spouse is not from. For example, my husband is from the middle east, but he lives in Sweden so our case is being processed in London. However, if our case was being processed in Damascus, I think it would have been more quicker. But who knows for sure, this is just speculation. ???

cute123

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 14 2008
well yeah they already approved it in canada now we are just waiting to be approved in colombia which is where he is from but they havent said anything to us yet since october where they asked us to send some papers they were missing and since that i havent received an answer, i thought this was an easy process since they say the process spouses quicker...

I

iarblue

If your medicals expired they will ask you to get new ones as that is what the expiry on the visa is based on the expiry of the medicals,so if they are expired and you dont want to add more time to your app go redue the medicals and submitt them before they request them.
I think that is why is some visa offices they tell you not to seek out the doctor until they tell you too.
When i got the letter from Brazil they stated not to do the medical until they asked for it but we had it done way before i got that letter.But they will need a new one.
And processing times is from it reaches the visa office in bogata.

I

iarblue

Yeah it is the same situation,if you are missing documents or they need more info they stop the process of your app,and give it a revisit date in the computer,on that date then they will reopen the file on the revisit date see if the documents they asked for are there, if they are then they proceed.If not they give it another revisit date.
Thats why it says under processing times to make sure all documents are included so they dont have to stop the process.
Same as sad girls that was stopped for stupid excessive background checks.It was stopped given a revisit date.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Bogota finalizes in 12-16 months after THEY receive the application from CPC-M. Chances are good that he will be required to do another medical before the whole thing is finished - they will contact him when they're getting close to finalizing and ask him to do another, and maybe another PCC also, before they finally finish. Yes, the spousal process is easier/faster, some skilled worker aps take 2-3 years, but some embassies are slower than others to get things done.