+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How important is age?

arppt01

Jan 22, 2007
I would like to know whether or not age is a factor in getting Canadian immigration? How difficult it would be for someone at the age of 35 and above to move into Canada and get a job there? Thanks in advance for your help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

arppt01 said:
I would like to know whether or not age is a factor in getting Canadian immigration? How difficult it would be for someone at the age of 35 and above to move into Canada and get a job there? Thanks in advance for your help.
As long as the age is between 18 & 49 you don't lose any points in the Immigration process, it would appear that you haven't taken the assessment on this site or www.cic.gc.ca Jobs? It depends on your skills and training rather than your age.

PMM

feline

Jan 31, 2007
Few years ago, I planned on applying for migration to Canada and what I can remember is that there is a certain no. of points for the age. Hence, the younger one is, the higher the points. Is this still true as of now, or the difference in points of the ages is just negligible compared to other factors.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
feline said:
Few years ago, I planned on applying for migration to Canada and what I can remember is that there is a certain no. of points for the age. Hence, the younger one is, the higher the points. Is this still true as of now, or the difference in points of the ages is just negligible compared to other factors.
I Feline

Everyone bellow 20 has less points, the youngest the less, everyone over 49 the oldest the less points, if you are between 20-49 you will have 10 points

feline

Jan 31, 2007
Age is only one of the qualifying factors. Other factors to consider is your health, your skill or profession,
job stability / income, property, police / criminal record, etc.