+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does my age work for Canadian Experience Class?

hibyetree

Aug 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm turning 25 next Saturday, and have just signed up for my CELPIP. exam.

If I'm currently 24 and they review my application at some point after next Saturday, will they count me as a 24-year-old applicant or 25? I'm curious to know if there is any benefit to creating my Express Entry profile prior to my birthday next week.

Also, could I ask somebody for a link to creating the actual express entry profile (lol)? This may be a separate question, but I just can't seem to find the right link. The most luck I've had so far is logging into the same website where I applied for study/work permits. I'm under the impression that I need to create a separate Express Entry profile on TOP of my preexisting one.

Thank you kindly,

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Hi everyone,

I'm turning 25 next Saturday, and have just signed up for my CELPIP. exam.

If I'm currently 24 and they review my application at some point after next Saturday, will they count me as a 24-year-old applicant or 25? I'm curious to know if there is any benefit to creating my Express Entry profile prior to my birthday next week.

Also, could I ask somebody for a link to creating the actual express entry profile (lol)? This may be a separate question, but I just can't seem to find the right link. The most luck I've had so far is logging into the same website where I applied for study/work permits. I'm under the impression that I need to create a separate Express Entry profile on TOP of my preexisting one.

Thank you kindly,
There is no point difference between being 24 or 25 un Express Entry (the age point in between 20 and 29 are all the same). You were at the right page (the MyCIC account that you used for your study/work permit) for creating EE account. you can scroll down the main page of your MyCIC account and see a section called Start an application, then click Apply to come to Canada, look at the section called I do not have a personal reference code, from there you'll see the option Express Entry. click into that and a list of questions will appear. Have fun!