+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do you present your supporting documents?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
How exactly do you organize your supporting documents for the appeal? I know I have to send one set to the IRB and one set to the Border Services, plus one set for my lawyer. I have 60 pages of phone bills, copies of emails, house titles, car titles, bank account printouts, three passports each (to prove our travel), two dozen letters from friends and family, about a dozen photocopies of plane tickets, receipts from our travels, and photos. I haven't counted yet, but it looks to me like each set of documents will be about 350 pages! Putting aside the photocopying and mailing expenses, what a mess for the IRB and Minister's counsel to look through.
Do people usually photocopy everything, get a hole punch, and then put the pages in some order in a three-ring binder (one for the IRB, one for the Minister's counsel, and one for my lawyer)? Or do they leave the pages loose and put them in folders?
Would writing an explanation/history of our relationship, and along the way putting references to pages in the supporting documents be a good idea?
For example:
My husband and I met on December 8, 2001, in Taipei, Taiwan (see page 7, an affidavit from my husband's friend Joe Blow, who was there at the time). We dated for several years (see page 8, an affidavit from my husband's friend Tom Turkey, who met me in Taipei with my husband). We got married on August 10, 2007 (see pages 110 - 120, photos of the marriage ceremony; and page 109, our marriage certificate). And so on.
Is the above the kind of thing the IRB wants?