Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
Hello,

In one of the forms where I told them that I visited Canada before, they asked for copies of the passport used including the page where they stamped my passport on entry.

The problem is, they INTENTIONALLY didn't stamp my passport on my way in. My wife and I went in and realised that they just looked at my passport and let me in. Then I ran back to them to ask about the entry stamp and one of the guys there told me "That's not needed. We already have it all in record. No need to worry about that".

So what's going on? I have the visa page on it that I can show, I can show the stamps at Birmingham on my way out of the UK and back into the UK. Maybe I can even show the tickets and boarding passes for that flight to Canada.

What do I do?

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
Just add a short letter of explanation stating the dates you visited and that your passports were not stamped.
Thanks.

I am planning on including yet another letter to explain this and will add copies of tickets and boarding passes of that journey.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks.

I am planning on including yet another letter to explain this and will add copies of tickets and boarding passes of that journey.
Just keep it short and factual, it's not rare to not get a stamp. I suspect documenting with tickets and boarding passes is overkill, but won't hurt. Perhaps for example just one boarding pass is enough. But if it makes you feel better to include, go ahead.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello,

In one of the forms where I told them that I visited Canada before, they asked for copies of the passport used including the page where they stamped my passport on entry.

The problem is, they INTENTIONALLY didn't stamp my passport on my way in. My wife and I went in and realised that they just looked at my passport and let me in. Then I ran back to them to ask about the entry stamp and one of the guys there told me "That's not needed. We already have it all in record. No need to worry about that".

So what's going on? I have the visa page on it that I can show, I can show the stamps at Birmingham on my way out of the UK and back into the UK. Maybe I can even show the tickets and boarding passes for that flight to Canada.

What do I do?
If during your arrival you did it through one of the kiosks you will not get a stamp unless they are restricting your visit for less than 6 months. Add the other info briefly as has been said but it is all in the system that they have access to. They know when you came and left the country.

Reactions: FAHIMBD

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
If during your arrival you did it through one of the kiosks you will not get a stamp unless they are restricting your visit for less than 6 months. Add the other info briefly as has been said but it is all in the system that they have access to. They know when you came and left the country.
That's ironic given that I didn't need to stay there for more than 2 weeks anyway. Why do these limits popup whenever you actually want to stay for a while :p

Anyway, I am hoping the VO/IO will have access to the database where they can look up my immigration records in Canada and will see that I indeed did travel to Canada when I said I did. Maybe I will scan the visa page on my passport and attach that scan do a word document where in the caption I will ask them to verify my entry in Canada in Dec 18 with their immigration records.

I don't mean to complicate this but I've just been annoyed by immigration folks over the simplest and trivial of things. So my default assumptions are that they are looking for excuses to refuse the application and can't be bother to look up simple stuff like that.

Thanks for the help, buddy!

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
You are complicating things. Just write a short note that you didn't get a stamp on arrival, and put your date of entry. If you want to scan the visa and/or boarding pass, go ahead.
Yeah! Did just that! Thanks for all of your valuable inputs. Really appreciate the help :)