+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do i go about getting a PR

Dstringz

Mar 30, 2018
I am from Nigeria with a Bachelor's Degree in local government administration + 2Yr national diploma in public administration + 2 years work experience in Event management + 1 year work experience in facility Maintainance . I am planning to move to canada and apply for PR for better job prospects and also change to public administrator if possible.

I am looking for options to go to Canada and one of them is doing PGDiploma 1Year course in Canada or Msc program and apply for PR. I am looking for more suggestions. Is this a good path or are there any other ways I can get PR soon?

Thanks in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If you go the study permit route be prepared to find 15-18000 cdn plus 10000 cdn per year living expenses. Plus given your qualifications and work experience what PG course had you in mind given it would need to be logical choice to enhance your home country prospects not your prospects in Canada. Many on here might recommend a Masters if that is an option over doing a PG course.

Following the study permit route by the time you complete the recommended minimum 2 years of education which qualifies you for a 3 year PGWP to get Canadian work experience you are looking at a few years to even get to a point to apply for PR.

If you went for a 1 year course you would only get a 1 year PGWP which would unlikely get you 12 months of Canadian work experience given you would need to be very lucky to find a job on day 1 of the work permit.

Have you looked at whether you qualify to apply now for immigration by assessing your CRS score although and this is a personal?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html