+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I deal with an ex who still expects Sponsorship after breakup?

Tinkerbell92

Jun 27, 2018
My former partner and I got married last year so he could get his work permit. Then we broke up in late January. Since then he’s used every excuse possible to try to convince me to lie so I can continue as his sponsor. I don’t want to do this.

I know it would be wrong and at the same time when he and I were a couple he was emotionally abusive. We had the find my iPhone apps activated so he could know where I was, he would get jealous easily, and during that time I also had a depression and gained some weight. I hated myself when I was with him.

I tried reporting to immigration via email and haven’t heard from them. Maybe they don’t contact you or it takes awhile to sort through their messages? Unless calling is better.

The relationship itself started quickly. Within a month things were serious. He only told me about his status after we got into a relationship. He likes to argue that he said it before and it’s a lie. He even tried saying I would be screwing up his career if I didn’t go through with it. I don’t even believe he ever cared about me, otherwise he wouldn’t have this kind of attitude. I was a very different person when we met, and had I met him today we would have never fallen in “love”. I feel embarrassed talking about this because no one ever thinks an abusive relationship can happen to them.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My former partner and I got married last year so he could get his work permit. Then we broke up in late January. Since then he’s used every excuse possible to try to convince me to lie so I can continue as his sponsor. I don’t want to do this.

I know it would be wrong and at the same time when he and I were a couple he was emotionally abusive. We had the find my iPhone apps activated so he could know where I was, he would get jealous easily, and during that time I also had a depression and gained some weight. I hated myself when I was with him.

I tried reporting to immigration via email and haven’t heard from them. Maybe they don’t contact you or it takes awhile to sort through their messages? Unless calling is better.

The relationship itself started quickly. Within a month things were serious. He only told me about his status after we got into a relationship. He likes to argue that he said it before and it’s a lie. He even tried saying I would be screwing up his career if I didn’t go through with it. I don’t even believe he ever cared about me, otherwise he wouldn’t have this kind of attitude. I was a very different person when we met, and had I met him today we would have never fallen in “love”. I feel embarrassed talking about this because no one ever thinks an abusive relationship can happen to them.
I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. IRCC won't tell you if they take any action against him because of privacy laws. Legally, you cannot sponsor him because he is no longer your spouse. If you are looking for help in explaining that to him, you should contact an abuse support group or agency to help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

You don't actually state in any of your previous posts exactly what YOUR immigration status is. Please could you clarify this, as it makes a huge difference to the advice you receive.