+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How CIC track exits from Canada

st100281

Oct 24, 2012
I was just wondering , how CIC tracks , when one exit the Canada ... One can fill any thing on Declaration card as they do not have any data to verify that (except stamps from other countries but now a day many countries use E-Gate cards or biometric data on entering rather than passport stamps). Secondly, info provided on Declaration cards are not updated on CIC system as there is no passport no. or PR card no. info.

Though, Gov't of Canada collects the airline records for each passenger but upto my info that is a classified and personal information and Neither CIC nor CBSA has an access to that ... That info is only used in case of terrorism or criminal or national security issues.

When one fills dates of physical residency in citizen or PR Card renewal forms, he can throw whatever dates he likes as far as his passport stamps do not contradict that. Maximum, CIC can ask the proof of those dates in form of employment records, health records, lease, schooling etc. And in absence of proof, they can maximum claim that physical presence is not substantiated by evidence. but they can not claim that the info provided on citizenship forms was a lie ..... means, for them to prove that it was a misrepresentation, is almost impossible ...

Is this correct ?

Regards

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok just to share my point of view. I am working as a,travel agent. N after 911 whatever flight is coming to canada they don't only have the list of,people coming but also with,the photo plus they are not stupid. They don't say anything but there are cases in which if they wont they van involve canada border security for,ful travel history. N I do,know personally few people in our community who tried to have false stamps whtever n they did get caught when applie,for citizenship.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They work with the US border services for example so they would be able to see if you entered the US. I do not know which other countries they also work with. I have also heard from a member of this forum that her husband went for an interview at CIC and they had airline manifests showing all his flights in and out of Canada so if you assume they don't have that info, you would be wrong.

You can order the info CBSA has on you here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html

However, the info that CBSA has on you may not be the complete compared to what they could get if they really wanted to. By that, I mean that they will give you the info they have at hand but if CIC decided to do complete checks on you, they might be able to request some more info, for example from airlines, from US immigration and possibly other countries.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Leon said:
I have also heard from a member of this forum that her husband went for an interview at CIC and they had airline manifests showing all his flights in and out of Canada so if you assume they don't have that info, you would be wrong.
That was me. This happened to my husband at Pearson airport once. It also happened to two other friends on two separate occasions. CIC definitely has access to flight manifests from airlines. There is absolutely no other place they could have gotten the information they knew about my husband. This information is not classified or personal.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
exactly it's really easy if they really want to follow up. i tell you the truth my whole case is on the forum, i overstayed in Pakistan. Long story short one of the lawyer offered me to change the entry/exit stamps on my old passport which was hand written passport,now in our country we also have computerized one. he really tempted me and was so confident that he can do it. but i didn't go for it because i already had told immigration about my overstay when applied for sponsorship of my husband and son. but he really tried his best to convince me as he understood that being a mother it is my first priority to be with my family and my son especially i was new that time and he was asking more then $5000 to mess up my passport. but me and my husband decided to choose the right way, whether i get the residency or not.

and even today i feel i took the right decision it took a while for me but now things are on the right track after a long time but at least i am not afraid and not tensed that i lied. because you can't lie and hide if immigration wants they can really track even your flight information. things do look simple from outside but they are not that stupid i believe.
so if anyone is advising you all that don't go for it blindly because end of the day it's your residency and your status in Canada that will be at risk, not of the person who is advising you all the wrong things. plus it's better to go back home instead of having a criminal record or fraud case in Canada that's what i strongly believe and in Canada what i personally learned from my experience is if you made a mistake accept it instead of hiding the truth and they might help you.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The moment you reserve a ticket, your name is run through various databases and airlines have to provide manifests to CBSA. Someone I know told me that they can not check-in online because their name matches that of a known criminal, so they have to do it in person.

I attended a workshop and decided to check out the "privacy & confidentiality" booth - imagine my surprise to learn just how much information is collected on us? From the moment you wake up and use your parking card to the toll pass, to work data is collected on you.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That list is basically created after 911 n as I said,as a travel agent we are being informed tht once you book the,ticket it goes to some data base to make sure the person travelling is not in list issued by us n around the world other authorities is not on tht list after 911

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Sorry for bumping up an old thread. I've actually been wondering about this. I have been in Canada for almost four years, and have not never left ever since I first got here, so I'm not that familiar with how the whole thing really works.

I'm planning a short visit to my home country this coming September, and I'm wondering how I can definitely prove that I'm only out for about four weeks (when, say, either applying for PR card renewal or for citizenship)? Obviously one can easily still pay rent, use debit/credit cards, pay car insurance, even when the person is not residing in Canada. Even boarding pass won't provide a definite proof of residence. Is it possible to somehow request for an exit stamp from the CBSA officer at the airport?

I suppose if one swipes his health card every day for 3 years, then that should provide a definite proof of residence. Or if you have a normal 9-6, Monday to Friday job. But if you're, say, studying, or if your job has flexible schedule (or if you work from home a lot), then it would be a bit harder to prove.

Also, I've been thinking, if, say, your PR card was expired three years ago, you are currently in Canada, never applied for PRTD, is not visa-exempt to US or Canada, and never had a valid US visa for the past three years, shouldn't these facts be enough to definitely prove that you have always been staying in Canada for the past three years? If A = B, and B = C, shouldn't that also mean that A = C as well (unless you possess a teleportation ability or something)?

And if it is really that easy for CIC to gain access to flight manifests, why bother then with issuing RQ for some applicants? I'm assuming that this is due to the rule that the burden of proof lies with the applicant?

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
st100281 said:
I was just wondering , how CIC tracks , when one exit the Canada ... One can fill any thing on Declaration card as they do not have any data to verify that (except stamps from other countries but now a day many countries use E-Gate cards or biometric data on entering rather than passport stamps). Secondly, info provided on Declaration cards are not updated on CIC system as there is no passport no. or PR card no. info.

Though, Gov't of Canada collects the airline records for each passenger but upto my info that is a classified and personal information and Neither CIC nor CBSA has an access to that ... That info is only used in case of terrorism or criminal or national security issues.

When one fills dates of physical residency in citizen or PR Card renewal forms, he can throw whatever dates he likes as far as his passport stamps do not contradict that. Maximum, CIC can ask the proof of those dates in form of employment records, health records, lease, schooling etc. And in absence of proof, they can maximum claim that physical presence is not substantiated by evidence. but they can not claim that the info provided on citizenship forms was a lie ..... means, for them to prove that it was a misrepresentation, is almost impossible ...

Is this correct ?

Regards

Yes, it seems very simple that they ask you for residency records and if are not providing them they would shelf everything and forgot. Once you are flaged you are on Radar for next few years atleast and forgot about renewal of PR card and Citizenship for next few years, i.e your citizenship or PR renewal go futher as long as 2-7 years. Now, question is what you will gain after so much of sacrifices. You would not be able to travel, job background checks raise suspicion about you during background check (mostly immigirant are highly educated so good jobs need background check). Schools, Universities, Driving Licience offices, Health services etc are now asking for Valid PR card or Canadian passport- if want their services as a residence/ citizen you have to sign a form agreeing on disclosure of information and proof of residence. CRA want your proof of residence for tax rebate and Child benefit.

I know there are many other things and most dangerous is if any terror attack or any emergency condition arised (God forbitten) the most soft target would be the people with suspicious status as just what happened in US. Thousands and thousands of people were left with nothing after many years of stay in US once they were identified and expelled.

delray

Jan 21, 2013
I always ask for a stamp on my passport lately whenever I travel or re-enter Canada even though border entry is scanned. The agent is happy to do it and this will help with future residency renewals

Medmhn

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
in the application for renew my PR card they asked me to put my travel history

and i forgot the exact dates of my exit from Canada in the last 5 years
i asked the ( Canada border services agency )

about that and they provided me with all my entry dates and told me that no exit recorder were found,
and they said : ( please note that exit information is only recorded for foreign national leaving Canada at land port since June 30th,2013 )

now i am confused what i have to do to know my exit date from Canada in the last 5 years.
and if i put incorrect dates what will happen ?

please i need this information as soon as possible

regards

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
in the application for renew my PR card they asked me to put my travel history

and i forgot the exact dates of my exit from Canada in the last 5 years
i asked the ( Canada border services agency )

about that and they provided me with all my entry dates and told me that no exit recorder were found,
and they said : ( please note that exit information is only recorded for foreign national leaving Canada at land port since June 30th,2013 )

now i am confused what i have to do to know my exit date from Canada in the last 5 years.
and if i put incorrect dates what will happen ?

please i need this information as soon as possible

regards
I think you asked the same question earlier.

Tinapham1215

Mar 11, 2020
I have questions about my pr card renewal, I have lost my expired passport and it has one of my stamp ( date of exit ) that I need to submit for my renewal application,but don’t have those stamp to prove my record of exit so what other paper would help me prove my residency to cic ? I also have my new passport with the proven of my recently travel history for the past 4 year but cic asked to submit all travel documents for the past 5 years since I became pr and I remember all my exit and entry dates , so do I just make sure that I file the correct date of exit and entry then I’ll be all good ? Plus my new passports showed that I have live in Canada more than 750 days for the past 4 years . In that case do I even need to proven my travel history from my lost passport?
Thank you