+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I sue CIC?

patelmr3

Feb 13, 2015
CIC simply rejects our applications for spelling mistakes.
And what if CIC makes mistake in our work permit or any other document?

CIC has made spelling mistakes in my work permit. They made mistake in my wife's work permit as well. If I would have made mistake in my application; then they will reject it right away. And they would ask me to apply again and pay the fees again. The waste of time and money for me. If they are asking us to be accurate; so we don't waste their time, then they have to be accurate as well.

My wife gets her work permit after waiting for 6 months and all she gets is a document with mistake. This doesn't end here. They asked my wife to upload supporting document for her application. They asked her to upload 3 documents; and advised to upload explanation document if she is not able to provide those documents. When she was trying to upload the document she couldn't do that; because instead of the upload button for those three documents, all she could see was an upload space for explanation document only. Now where would she upload those documents? This is one more trouble. Now she has to call CIC and ask what is going on here and bla bla bla... This is never ending story.

If the CIC has right to reject our applications; then I should have a right to fight against their unfairness. Please let me know how can I sue CIC?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patelmr3 said:
CIC simply rejects our applications for spelling mistakes.
And what if CIC makes mistake in our work permit or any other document?

CIC has made spelling mistakes in my work permit. They made mistake in my wife's work permit as well. If I would have made mistake in my application; then they will reject it right away. And they would ask me to apply again and pay the fees again. The waste of time and money for me. If they are asking us to be accurate; so we don't waste their time, then they have to be accurate as well.

My wife gets her work permit after waiting for 6 months and all she gets is a document with mistake. This doesn't end here. They asked my wife to upload supporting document for her application. They asked her to upload 3 documents; and advised to upload explanation document if she is not able to provide those documents. When she was trying to upload the document she couldn't do that; because instead of the upload button for those three documents, all she could see was an upload space for explanation document only. Now where would she upload those documents? This is one more trouble. Now she has to call CIC and ask what is going on here and bla bla bla... This is never ending story.

If the CIC has right to reject our applications; then I should have a right to fight against their unfairness. Please let me know how can I sue CIC?
Patelmr3,

I can only imagine your frustration. However, in future you and your wife should consider scanning and saving documents as PDFs. Then combine them to form one PDF file and upload to the optional/additional documents area provided.

If you wish to sue IRCC (formerly CIC) a government body, then I suggest you think more about it and tread carefully. Yes, you are frustrated after waiting for so long, but how far do you want to go.

Try to find a way you can provide what they want and you will be fine. Good luck, don't give up and stay positive.

Cheers!

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course cic have the right to reject applications, otherwise why have immigration in the first place?

Did they really give you a rejection stating spelling errors as the reason? Perhaps you can provide a little more detail?

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
im sorry to hear that. i hope you find the best of what you want. don't loose hope. humans can make mistakes.

Cheers!!

whitely

Jul 4, 2018
Its seems cic are not accountable to anyone ...they can make mistakes and there is no accountability...I sent a PR application in 7 months ago for my husband and they sent everything back because I did not put a zip code for my husband in jamaica because there is no zip code there .....these officers have no compassion what so ever and seem to forget that their decisions are affecting human lives....it is by far the worst service and they are public servants working for us ...our tax dollars pay their salary and they act like they are God ...im totally appalled with this service and will be making a formal.complaint

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Its seems cic are not accountable to anyone ...they can make mistakes and there is no accountability...I sent a PR application in 7 months ago for my husband and they sent everything back because I did not put a zip code for my husband in jamaica because there is no zip code there .....these officers have no compassion what so ever and seem to forget that their decisions are affecting human lives....it is by far the worst service and they are public servants working for us ...our tax dollars pay their salary and they act like they are God ...im totally appalled with this service and will be making a formal.complaint
Was it online or paper based?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

whitely

Jul 4, 2018
There is no online option for sponsoring spouses. It's paper-based only.
Yes that's right ....paper based only ...im so frustrated because now because of no zipcode we have to start the process all over again ....how they treat people is ridiculous and without compassion

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yes that's right ....paper based only ...im so frustrated because now because of no zipcode we have to start the process all over again ....how they treat people is ridiculous and without compassion
Thats too bad... in online application, the computer does a bit of checking for completeness. I believe, in forms that are filled on Adobe or online do check for completeness. Adobe based forms that generate barcode do that.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I think your frustration probably started with your husband regarding his misrepresentation in a previous application, correct ?