+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can i get a work permit with visitor visa?

Isadel

Nov 12, 2023
I have a multiple entry visitor visa. I intend to use this as opportunity to relocate. What are my chance and what do I need to do to get a work permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a multiple entry visitor visa. I intend to use this as opportunity to relocate. What are my chance and what do I need to do to get a work permit?
The visitor visa can only be used to visit Canada temporarily, not to move to Canada.

To qualify for a work permit, you need to secure a job offer with an employer in Canada. Next, the employer must obtain an approved LMIA. If the LMIA is approved, you can then applied for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer.

Isadel

Nov 12, 2023
The visitor visa can only be used to visit Canada temporarily, not to move to Canada.

To qualify for a work permit, you need to secure a job offer with an employer in Canada. Next, the employer must obtain an approved LMIA. If the LMIA is approved, you can then applied for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer.
Thank you for your response

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response
Once you have secured your job offer and LMIA to apply for a closed work permit, you need to show your experience to do the job through reference letters, possible ECA and IELTS. The process can be very long and few employers will go through the process. So you cannot work until you have the closed work permit. Processing can take up to a year if you even get a LMIA.

Reactions: Isadel