+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I apply for a Visa Extension

SkiTrak

Mar 19, 2013
I am an American live in Whistler, BC in the Winter (I own a place). I do it with a visitors visa because I am to old to get Residency. I would normally leave around May 1 but have decided to stay at least an extra month because I would rather not travel until things are much better. Also Whistler seems much safer then Down Town Denver where I live in a 42 floor apartment building.

I have gone online to apply for an extension and spent several hours trying to submit an application with no luck. I have had the following problems:

Cannot get Bio-metrics because Immigration has discontinued issuing until after the outbreak is resolved.
Cannot get to the form for a list of documents needed because it will not work with my version of acrobat.
When I log in using a GKey or Sign In Partner it does not give me the option to apply for a Travel Record (Visitor Visa Extension).

I found a help page that said if you are having a issue with the latest Adobe it suggested installing a specific version so I uninstalled Acrobat and installed the specific version but I still get the same error. I have tried Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

When I try to get help I am told they are not accepting phone calls and must submit a web query which I have done but I am concerned that I will not get a reply.

Does anyone know how to do this successfully?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am an American live in Whistler, BC in the Winter (I own a place). I do it with a visitors visa because I am to old to get Residency. I would normally leave around May 1 but have decided to stay at least an extra month because I would rather not travel until things are much better. Also Whistler seems much safer then Down Town Denver where I live in a 42 floor apartment building.

I have gone online to apply for an extension and spent several hours trying to submit an application with no luck. I have had the following problems:

Cannot get Bio-metrics because Immigration has discontinued issuing until after the outbreak is resolved.
Cannot get to the form for a list of documents needed because it will not work with my version of acrobat.
When I log in using a GKey or Sign In Partner it does not give me the option to apply for a Travel Record (Visitor Visa Extension).

I found a help page that said if you are having a issue with the latest Adobe it suggested installing a specific version so I uninstalled Acrobat and installed the specific version but I still get the same error. I have tried Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

When I try to get help I am told they are not accepting phone calls and must submit a web query which I have done but I am concerned that I will not get a reply.

Does anyone know how to do this successfully?
You don't need biometrics to apply.

You need to save the forms to your computer and then open them instead of opening directly in the browser.

If you follow the questionnaire, it will give the Visitor Record option. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

SkiTrak

Mar 19, 2013
You don't need biometrics to apply.

You need to save the forms to your computer and then open them instead of opening directly in the browser.

If you follow the questionnaire, it will give the Visitor Record option. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html
I tried this and it forces me into a Check your Eligibility questionnaire which ends up saying I am ineligible to immigrate to Canada. I am not trying to immigrate just extend my visitors visa (Travel Record).

SkiTrak

Mar 19, 2013
I tried this and it forces me into a Check your Eligibility questionnaire which ends up saying I am ineligible to immigrate to Canada. I am not trying to immigrate just extend my visitors visa (Travel Record).
I just went through the questionnaire again and see my mistake. I answered the question about where I reside as the USA but just noticed it said if you are in Canada you are suppose to say Canada. I changed that answer but now I am getting:

Our Online Services Are Currently Down
System-generated error code:YRM4ARPR (2020-03-27 05:02:03)

Hopefully this is just temporary and I will try again tomorrow.

Reactions: Eveslm

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
you must have given a wrong response to one of the questions?

SkiTrak

Mar 19, 2013
I was able to fix this but I do not see how to download the application rather then just open it in my browser. I click on the link and it does not give me a save as.