+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Housing options in covid

venkat51286

Aug 1, 2017
Hi all, I want to move from USA to Toronto (H1 to PR). Because of Covid situation, I heard 2 weeks of self quarantine is mandatory in Canada. So how are new residents finding apartment rental these days. I want to take some time off from my job here and come there to find a place to live but given the situation I am worried to burn 2 weeks PTO just for quarantine before actual search. Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all, I want to move from USA to Toronto (H1 to PR). Because of Covid situation, I heard 2 weeks of self quarantine is mandatory in Canada. So how are new residents finding apartment rental these days. I want to take some time off from my job here and come there to find a place to live but given the situation I am worried to burn 2 weeks PTO just for quarantine before actual search. Thanks in advance.
Yes, 14 days of quarantine is mandatory. We know they sometimes check in with people to make sure they are following the rules and failure to follow the quarantine rules can result in very large fines.

Best option is to book an airbnb for the first number of weeks and then sort out something more permanent.

Reactions: venkat51286

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Depending on your comfort level, you can always do a FaceTime walkthrough of a rental. We did this on a few different places and decided on one, and are moving right into a new place when we arrive on the 15th.

Also if you work with a realtor they will generally go and look at the place for you and can also FaceTime you while they're at the property and can give more candid feedback of the property itself and whether or not it would fit your needs.

We found more places were willing to work with us on doing this type of tour given the climate we're in right now.

Good luck!

Reactions: venkat51286

venkat51286

Aug 1, 2017
Depending on your comfort level, you can always do a FaceTime walkthrough of a rental. We did this on a few different places and decided on one, and are moving right into a new place when we arrive on the 15th.

Also if you work with a realtor they will generally go and look at the place for you and can also FaceTime you while they're at the property and can give more candid feedback of the property itself and whether or not it would fit your needs.

We found more places were willing to work with us on doing this type of tour given the climate we're in right now.

Good luck!
Thanks @rachel6992 for inputs and appreciate it. Will use these tips.