+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Housing in for graduate student

waseem000

Sep 25, 2012
hi all

i got my admission in Concordia for winter 2013 and a I want to ask
about the a place that is affordable but good place to live, con you suggest a web site to look for place for rent.
and please can you tell me the street names that are close to the uni were which are good to live in.

:)
thanks

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Can't help you out unless you give us your budget. How much are you willing to pay for rent every month, and how big of an apartment do you want?
Assuming you're in the downtown (SGW) campus, here are some of your options if you want to be close to school:

If you want a 3.5 apartment (that is, a one-bedroom & living room apartment), it will cost you anywhere between $750-950/month. Whether or not the heat is included depends on the building admin. If you're planning on paying that much, then I suggest you check the buildings on Mackay street (check Cromwell Management - I rented out at one of their buildings on Mackay when I first got here). Mackay is as close to Concordia as you can get, literally less than a minute away. You can also check out buildings on St Marc, St Mathieu, and Guy street, as well as Lincoln. There are some affordable 3.5 apartments on Maisonneuve Blvd. between Guy & St. Marc street.

a 2.5 or 1.5 apartment (only a one-bedroom apartment with kitchen & washroom, of course-basically a studio) in downtown could cost you about 650-750. I heard 1650 Lincoln Ave. studios cost about 650/month, and are well-maintained.

Now, if you're looking for something more affordable, what I would suggest is to find a roommate to share a 3.5 apartment with, OR move a little further outside of downtown (though I don't recommend it). You might find more affordable apartments near Atwater metro which is not far from Concordia. The area is known as Chaughnessy (I think). You could also look for places in NDG. There's a building on Prudhomme ave. that has affordable apartments (all inclusive).

You can always contact the international students' office from now, and they will direct you. Send me a personal message if you have any other questions!

BarrenAllen

Oct 29, 2012
Well if you are a student and basically traveling in the city t=like that of Canada or Toronto then the usual cost involved here in to stay is relatively much high even then the great city of Manhattan hence if possible try in to find a few companions so as to get an apartment on rent then staying single, the same issue evolves in the city of NYC wherein students find it real difficult to get in to stay but the other neighboring cities like that of New York Chelsea Apartment do offer a great economical stay.