+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Housing in BC

VHL

Sep 4, 2010
Hi,
I am new to this forum, and would like a bit of advice regarding where to live.

Where is the best place to live if I work in Vancouver Downtown and my other half works in south surrey? Is it possible to live in White rock and commute every morning to vancouver to get to work for 8am?

Thanks in advanvce

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi VHL,

White Rock is a nice place to live but

You will have problems:
1) to park you car in Downtown - expensive
2) to drive to DT during rush hours and drive back - won't be a big fan.

Surrey and DT are connected by skytrain. You can find any place to live in between,
closer to skytrain.

Jonboy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
White Rock, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29-07-1999
VHL said:
Where is the best place to live if I work in Vancouver Downtown and my other half works in south surrey? Is it possible to live in White rock and commute every morning to vancouver to get to work for 8am?
The 351 and 352 (rush hour only) buses run from White Rock/South Surrey to the Bridgeport Skytrain station where you take the Canada Line to Downtown. The total journey takes about 1 hour 15 or 20 minutes so it is quite possible to commute for work. It will take you about the same time to drive. The monthly pass is $151 which is cheaper than parking downtown plus you save on gas and wear and tear of your vehicle. If you don't live near the bus route there is a park-and-ride at King George Hwy and Hwy 99.

simesmeak

Nov 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rental Assistance Program was launched in October 2006 as part of the Housing Matters BC. The program provides eligible low-income working families with cash assistance to help with their monthly rent payments.