+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hopeless Canadian embassy rejecting my application in India.

Priyank

May 30, 2013
Hello folks,
I was in toronto for about 2 and a half years from Sept 2010 to April 11 2013 on a student visa. Was enrolled in sheridan college initially but did not complete my course which was of 2 years. Then got myself enrolled in Centennial college in may 2012 for 1 year course ending december 2012. College issued me the visa extension letter as my visa was getting expired in August 2012. Applied for extension and got it until April 2013 which was a single entry visa.

Now, I failed in 2nd semester. So, it was obvious that I had to pay fees again for that and get started in Jan 2013 semester. But due to financial situation I dropped that semester. I had all the plans of returning back to the May semester. However, due to the sudden demise of my dad on 9th April I had to come here for funeral under which my visa was still valid. Paid the fees for the May semester to the college from here and applied for extension but they hopelessly refused the application with stupid reasons. My application was rejected twice after I came here.
This is the reason that they gave me,

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including purpose of visit.
Other reasons:
your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous
studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available, language
abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

I really need to come to Canada as now I have big responsibility of family on my shoulders. I have spent a lot of money on education there and now it is next to impossible for me to survive here and support my family. I did put my fathers death certificate in the file. How can they be so stupid to reject my application. It's damn frustrating.... Please someone help me out.
Is there any other way that i can go to Canada if not on a student visa?

Kindly,
Priyank

GABB

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
12 feb 2015
Med's Request
11 apr 2016, medicals, RCMP, PCC, Schedule A
Interview........
august 24,2016
HI PRIYANK ,,RE-APPLY WITH STRONG SOP!! GOOD LUCK,,,

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Embassy wont look into humanity grounds, they only mean to see whether you have met the requirements of study permit

for u to get a visa again, u must have good representation from immigration lawyer

good luck

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
I'm sorry to hear about your father, you have my sympathy. You are in a tough spot -- there are now three obstacles that you have to overcome:

- With your father's passing, you probably have less financial support from India
- You also have fewer personal ties to India now, and the need to support your family
- You can't point to academic success in Canada, the visa officer may wonder why you want to pay tuition with no results

Personally, I would approach the VO by acknowledging the weaknesses in your application, and simply point out that you have invested a great deal of money in studying, you have increased motivation to finish now, and that you would deeply appreciate the opportunity to continue. I don't know if this would have any effect.

Alternately, you might see if any colleges in Canada have a distance program that you could transfer your credits to, and finish from India.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Priyank I also send my sympathies. My Dad died 5 days after yours. Can't imagine having to deal with CIC on top of that stress. I second OnHold's suggestions and give him/her +1 for them. I would add that your ties to India might have increased if you are now providing for your family and this additional responsibility could be included in your letter. You will still have to prove you have strong reasons to return home. What will the completed education do for your chances for better employment in India? Wishing you all the best.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Sorry about your situation priyank.

Let me ask you a question. Did u include all academic history in Canada? If yes, then that would be the cause for your case rejected. Because after reading your first email, it clearly says that your are not able to finish studies in time and it shows, not sure how long it will take for your to finish education in Canada.

Now you don't have main support from your family in order to support your prolonged education (they think it will happen based on existing record). As someone suggested already go through the situation with Lawyer by providing all valid, legal supporting documents.

I hope u will be in Toronto soon and finish your education. Good luck!

Kiranmayi

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Kiranmayi said:
Sorry about your situation priyank.

Let me ask you a question. Did u include all academic history in Canada? If yes, then that would be the cause for your case rejected. Because after reading your first email, it clearly says that your are not able to finish studies in time and it shows, not sure how long it will take for your to finish education in Canada.

Now you don't have main support from your family in order to support your prolonged education (they think it will happen based on existing record). As someone suggested already go through the situation with Lawyer by providing all valid, legal supporting documents.
Sorry for your loss.

I agree with the above poster. Your academic history in Canada suggests to the visa officer that you are not a valid student. You didn't finish one course, failed a semester, dropped a semester. A visa officer would look at that and think you are not serious about your studies, that you are only using studying as a way to get to Canada. Based on that, the officer would refuse your visa.

uzafar88

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
AOR Received.
April 2013
File Transfer...
August 2013
Really sorry to hear your father passed away.