+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong CIC Office confirmation letter?

Timothy Chang

Jul 21, 2013
Hi My name is Tim,

Been research online for a long time and cannot find an answer to my question so I thought I would try it here and see if I can find some comfort!
My situation is this:

I am applying for spouse sponsorship from Canada (outland method) and my sponsorship have been approved (May 21st 2013). At which I had a letter confirmation with a UCI/CID number for me to check online status but that can only be used to check mine.

My question is, will there be a similar confirmation letter to send to my wife in Taiwan with her UCI/CID number? or what is the status here? I am pulling my hair out because she has not gotten one and from other people's blog they have been approved for PR in ~3-4 months time frame. And here we are still unknown if the CIC Hong Kong Office has start the process or not.

Every time we tried to call them they say look online, and just immediately transfer us to the automated phone system that tells us to email/ check status online.. again, we will need a UCI/CID to do so..

I guess I have few questions here:

1) Are there two CID/UCI given in one application? One for sponsor and one for PR applicant?
2) How do we find out if Hong Kong office have received the package to start the process?
3) Is there a way for them to resent confirmation if the first one is missed? (this one concerns me because for my sponsorship approval, my first confirmation letter was mailed but not received, I had to call CIC Canada to get another mailed, in which they told me the CID/UCI number for me to check process online)

Thanks for all your help!
Tim,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) I think one CID/UCI number
2) Your wife would be receiving a letter/email from Hong Kong VO that they have received the package
3) I suggest you be more patient because of the strike