+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Child Care Provider Pilot

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
My niece has new born baby and her sister is a nurse in Pakistan and have experience working with children. I have following questions:

Can my niece use this program to hire her sister?
I see the form for "Offer of employment" it asked Business number and name, does my niece has to have a business name registered in Canada before she apply for her sister?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My niece has new born baby and her sister is a nurse in Pakistan and have experience working with children. I have following questions:

Can my niece use this program to hire her sister?
I see the form for "Offer of employment" it asked Business number and name, does my niece has to have a business name registered in Canada before she apply for her sister?

Thanks
Your niece has to set up a business registration for payroll/benefits to pay a caregiver. She want to show that she has an income high enough to pay a salary of around $35k per year for a full time caregiver. She may also be asked why she needs a full-time caregiver and cannot have a child in daycare.

The program for caregivers opens up each year on January 1 and usually reaches quota within a couple of days so the sister must have all documentation in order by then. Processing can take up to 3 years.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
so is the $35K is industry standard here? for reason, can she say that since her sister is qualified and also she can trust her with her child, therefore she is the best suited for the job?
She may also be asked why she needs a full-time caregiver and cannot have a child in daycare. - For this one both husband wife works so they need someone they can trust.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
so is the $35K is industry standard here? for reason, can she say that since her sister is qualified and also she can trust her with her child, therefore she is the best suited for the job?
She may also be asked why she needs a full-time caregiver and cannot have a child in daycare. - For this one both husband wife works so they need someone they can trust.
You have to look at the median wage for the region she lives in…I was guessing. Wage should be median or higher. Think Ontario averages $18 per hour. Need to factor in vacation pay/benefits too. So if wage is $17 per hour that is around $33k per year. Then you factor in vacation time and benefits (health/medical etc.).

So if both parents work, their yearly income (NOA) should not only be well beyond LICO but then show they can support a full time caregiver. Once they apply parents may be asked why they need a full time caregiver. There are more rigorous review procedures as a person is trying to hire a sister so obviously trying to get PR without going through other immigration programs (eg. She is a nurse so could immigrate through Express Entry). Job offer must be genuine.

So the sister needs to get IELTS, ECA done.

All information in the HCCP guidelines.

Last edited:

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
You have to look at the median wage for the region she lives in…I was guessing. Wage should be median or higher. Think Ontario averages $18 per hour. Need to factor in vacation pay/benefits too. So if wage is $17 per hour that is around $33k per year. Then you factor in vacation time and benefits (health/medical etc.).

So if both parents work, their yearly income (NOA) should not only be well beyond LICO but then show they can support a full time caregiver. Once they apply parents may be asked why they need a full time caregiver. There are more rigorous review procedures as a person is trying to hire a sister so obviously trying to get PR without going through other immigration programs (eg. She is a nurse so could immigrate through Express Entry). Job offer must be genuine.

So the sister needs to get IELTS, ECA done.

All information in the HCCP guidelines.
@Naturgrl thanks, if you can recall previously I asked for my niece mom visitor visa refusal but that's different niece :)
regarding the first one (mom visitor visa refusal) I told them to take the Super visa route which I think would have more chances than regular visitor visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl thanks, if you can recall previously I asked for my niece mom visitor visa refusal but that's different niece :)
regarding the first one (mom visitor visa refusal) I told them to take the Super visa route which I think would have more chances than regular visitor visa.
So what is your question?