+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High school admission procedures for international students

royjustin68

Sep 6, 2019
Hello, I am Justin. I will be moving to Canada with my family next year. I am looking for a good school that I can join there, probably in Toronto region. I have been searching a lot for it recently. Since I am an international student I would like to know whether there will be any issues in getting into a school there. if any, then what are the procedures I need to follow? also, suggest a few schools in that region which I can consider applying to. I found a private high school in Toronto named Cestar High school, if anyone knows about this school please let me know about that as well. Thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
First question might be does your family have idea which suburb / general area your family might be looking to live given that could influence where you go to school even if looking to go private. Sure you realise Toronto is pretty spread out and not a great idea to spend a large part of your day commuting.

Reactions: royjustin68

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How will you be moving to Canada with your family next year? International students usually don’t have their parents with them since most of the time they aren’t granted visas. Are your parents trying to get work permits, is your family trying to apply for PR%? Are you looking to go to a private or public school?

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Hello, I am Justin. I will be moving to Canada with my family next year. I am looking for a good school that I can join there, probably in Toronto region. I have been searching a lot for it recently. Since I am an international student I would like to know whether there will be any issues in getting into a school there. if any, then what are the procedures I need to follow? also, suggest a few schools in that region which I can consider applying to. I found a private high school in Toronto named Cestar High school, if anyone knows about this school please let me know about that as well. Thank you
Phone the Toronto District Board of Education and ask them these questions. Just a suggestion but avoid private schools in Canada. They are expensive, not always good and have a bad track record. (with a few notable exceptions,ie. Upper Canada College).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Phone the Toronto District Board of Education and ask them these questions. Just a suggestion but avoid private schools in Canada. They are expensive, not always good and have a bad track record. (with a few notable exceptions,ie. Upper Canada College).
Lots of good private schools. When considering one you should probably stick with the well established ones.