+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hi

pjason

May 16, 2013
im jason i was one of the applicant that have the same problem regarding my visa processing status. im applying for my working permit and i send my papers last february 27, 2013 to canadian consulate in new york and canadian consulate receives february 28 2013 by D Chao. its been 2 months and 16 days ive been trying to communicate with the phone no. that stated in their website but i cannot communicate.. so until this day i dont have any updates on my status. i wanted to know because im also holding a visa to live here in USA and my eligibility status comes to an end . please anyone can you help me! just an update will be much appreciated by me!!
thank you

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
If you are following the discussion threads, you might have got an idea that consulate is taking around 3 months to process TWP.
I think you should hear back something from them by next week.

go through this thread for case details of some other people-
work-permit-applications-at-nyc-for-2013

pjason

May 16, 2013
Re: work permit status

I still doesn't have an update on my papers! It's almost 3 months since I passed my papers in consulate in NY and I haven't hear from them anything ! I'm leaving here in America holding a visa on my passport and my visa expired already and I cannot leave the states because I'm waiting for my papers coming from the consulate of NY can somebody help me! I follow all the steps that's in the Canadian website and I pass my papers 2 months ahead so nothing is delayed but I'm suffering waiting for my papers to come!

Please I want to know until when I will wait for my papers!

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
If you need to leave US and you are not able to because of passport, then you should send them email or go to new york consulate in person.
When you go to consulate, they may ask you to withdraw your application in case they cannot process it on the same day, please be prepared for that.