+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi all

sam1971

Oct 15, 2012
Hi ,

This query is about my friend. He is residing in canada last 5 yrs and he applied for his citizenship a year ago. M yquestion is he was sponsor by his wife under spousal visa in 2007.

Now if they have kind of differences and if she cancel the sponsorship or whatever my friend has to leave canada ??

what happens now ?? If he wants to live separately his PR will be cancled or still he can hold his PR ??

Can some one can help me in this regard.

Thanks,
Sam

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He has no need to worry because she can not cancel her sponsorship. Sponsorship can only be cancelled before the sponsored spouse gets their PR. After they get their PR, it is not possible any more.

sam1971

Oct 15, 2012
Thank you Leon!

He was thinking that if she cancles sponsership or get divorced ,he is going to loosed his Status.

Thank you once again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, he will not lose his status. The moment he landed as a PR, she can not cancel her sponsorship any more. There is currently no sponsorship going on anyway. It already happened, years ago. Even if she is very bitter and tries to tell immigration that this was a marriage fraud to try to get him in trouble, just the fact that they have been together for 5 years after he got his PR clearly speaks against that. He really has no need to worry.