+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B detected in Medicals. Please help!

pkshaji

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
11 JAN 2017
Passport Req..
11 APR 2017
dewk said:
Generally for Hep B patients, a test called HBVDNA is conducted, it costs around 7,500 in India and you get reports in 3-4 days, conducted to detect the titre, or basically the load of the virus in the blood.
Mostly for people with positive Hep B and without any major medical history, the virus is in carrier stage which doesn't cause any harm. In that case it is cured by medicines. Thus it shouldn't cause any delay to the application.
But for people with higher values, they may fail them.

And when the applicant fails a medical tests, they estimate their yearly bills. Please see the below quote to understand the limits.

QUOTE :
The cost threshold is determined by multiplying the per capita cost of Canadian health and social services by the number of years used in the medical assessment for the individual applicant. This cost threshold is updated every year.

Effective December 1, 2014, the updated cost threshold is $6,387 per year. This figure is usually multiplied by five (unless the anticipated length of stay is shorter than five years or there is evidence that significant costs are likely to be incurred beyond that period, in which case the period is no more than 10 consecutive years). This results in the legislated threshold of $31,935.

If you are under these limits you're fine, if not then you can try to argue that you won't be and can provide a mitigation plan.
Good info +1 for you

Damdam

Apr 24, 2017
Please i am new to this forum. Kindly assist. I am the primary applicant and i have Hep B with a viral load of 26. What are my chances. I need your advice.