Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
Hello,

I am desperate trying to extend my current open Visa and I've been told that the only way to do it is with an LMO from a company that's willling to sponsor me.

I've been working in Edmonton for almost one year now (my current Visa expires in November 30) and for a long time my company told me they would help me with a work permit in order to stay working for them, I got a lawyer to explain the HR department everything they need to do and finally they decided it was too much work and told me they won't do it and I can only work for them until my permit expires.

I wonder if I can go from this working holiday Visa to a tourist Visa or a Student Visa and apply inside Canada? I am form Chile and it will be really expensive for me to go back home and come back with a different kind of Visa.

I'm running out of time and don't know what else I can do... if anyone has any suggestion or contact that can help me out please let me know

Thank you all for your time,

Scarlett

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't have enough time to apply for a student visa unless you already have an acceptance letter from a school. To apply for a student visa, you first need to apply to a school and be accepted by that school for one of their programs. You also need to have sufficient funds.

You can apply to convert your status to a visit visa.

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
Thank you for your reply,

I am under the Canadian Experience Class (Working Holiday) do you know if I can apply to a permanent residency Visa?

Also, if I want to convert my status to a visit Visa, do I have to leave Canada and come back once I have my visit Visa?