+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with IMM 5710

erikapostol

Oct 6, 2022
I have already started working for my sponsoring employer from Nov 1, 2022 using working holiday open work permit expiring on May 9, 2023. I'm extending my work permit with BC PNP work permit support letter, so it's going to be specific to my sponsoring employer. So I have the following problems with IMM5710:

1. Should I select "A work permit with the same employer" or "An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer"?
  2. The "From" date in "Duration of expected employment" doesn't allow me to enter Nov 1, 2022. It says "must be greater than or equal to today's date". Can I enter Apr 9, 2023? (the date I expect to submit my extension application, 30 days before current work permit expiry)

erikapostol

Oct 6, 2022
I have already started working for my sponsoring employer from Nov 1, 2022 using working holiday open work permit expiring on May 9, 2023. I'm extending my work permit with BC PNP work permit support letter, so it's going to be specific to my sponsoring employer. So I have the following problems with IMM5710:

1. Should I select "A work permit with the same employer" or "An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer"?
  2. The "From" date in "Duration of expected employment" doesn't allow me to enter Nov 1, 2022. It says "must be greater than or equal to today's date". Can I enter Apr 9, 2023? (the date I expect to submit my extension application, 30 days before current work permit expiry)
The employer portal doesn't allow entering a past date, so the applicant and the employer have to enter a future date on both the employer portal and IMM5710.
Later I found out I'm eligible for BOWP (because confirmation of nomination letter clearly states that there is no employment restrictions), so I don't need employer portal.
I'll choose same employer because I'm switching from an OWP to another OWP. I'll attach an explanation letter to explain that.

emoney

Nov 1, 2023
hey!

So I'm in the exact same boat as you.

I believe I should select "a work permit with the same employer"

in terms of dates on the form, what did you do? I was thinking of adding todays date and then adding an explanation my extra info document.

let me know!

cheers!

erikapostol

Oct 6, 2022
hey!

So I'm in the exact same boat as you.

I believe I should select "a work permit with the same employer"

in terms of dates on the form, what did you do? I was thinking of adding todays date and then adding an explanation my extra info document.

let me know!

cheers!
I don't quite remember, as the application form needs Adobe Reader for desktop to open and I don't have it on hand right now. Just use the submission date and add explanations. Plus my Express entry application was approved before BOWP and the BOWP application stopped progressing, so I never know if my method works or not.