+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Help* Urgent Question regarding OOPNP

lita0315

Sep 22, 2015
Hi all,

I applied to OOPNP under CEC category, sent my Application on July 14 2015, received my AOR on September 9th. It was such a relief for me, until I revisit my application.

Within the work experience, I put the following:
- Fund Accountant, NOC 1111 from November 2013 - June 2015 (which pasted the 1 year experience requirement)
- Supervisor of Fund Accounting, NOC 1212 from June 2015 to July 2015 (promoted from Fund Accountant job)

As first I thought the Supervisor role would be fit to NOC 1212, because it satisfy the job title and some of the description on the NOC site, such as (see highlighted):

Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts
Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits and other transactions
Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies
Requisition supplies and materials
Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
May perform the same duties as workers supervised.

However on yesterday, I went back to the site and notice this sentence: Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Accounting and Related Clerks (1431), Payroll Clerks (1432), Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434) and Collectors (1435). They are employed by banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, and by other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.

However, since I am technically supervising people with NOC 1111, I can't help but start worrying and thinking to:
1) change my profile on EE to NOC 1111
2) Write a explanation letter to OINP and notify them with the change and an explanation for the change
3) Ask my company to do a write up to more gear towards NOC 1111 and attached it with the email

I do have one year experience that satisfied with the OOPNP CEC requirement with the accounting job. Being employed by the bank, I still think the NOC code 1212 is debatable for my current position.
I really don't know what to do.....this is stressing me the hell out. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Please give me some pointers, feel free to ask me for more info. Thanks guys.

I have included the job description that I sent to OINP below:
-Reviews daily net asset value calculations and authorizes the day end prices of funds by checking the accuracy of information used to determine fund prices.
-Coordinates and monitors the work of the team by distributing accounts to fund accountants and scheduling time based tasks by recommending overtime and staff vacation to maintain adequate service levels.
-Provides leadership; trains, coaches, supervises and motivates staff. Maintains good morale, fosters teamwork and monitors performance in the team to complete performance reviews for the team with the help of the manager.
-Acts as a resource for team members to ensure timely resolution of escalated problems and enquiries by handling from clients, agents, auditors, etc.
-Reviews expense accruals as directed by clients and month end audit packages for accuracy.
-Conducts team meetings for giving/receiving information to update manager on all team developments.
-Works with the manager and other supervisors of the Unit to develop, implement and monitor standards, procedures and controls.