+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE ! RELATIVE CRIMINALITY RECORDS

dr.nax

Sep 11, 2020
I'm an adult (34) maried with child and applying for Express Entry, we don't have any criminal record (My wife and me) and we have very good profiles.
My brother residing in the usa was sentenced to 6 years in prison for fraud.

They ask for family member name/info on the PR Express Entry app of all immediate family members ...so I have included his info (DOB, full name etc.)

would it be a problem because that he has a criminal record ? Do we risk a refusal ?

Should I make a note in my Letter of Explanation ? Or is it not likely to impact my application that he has a criminal record?

is someone has been there ?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I'm an adult (34) maried with child and applying for Express Entry, we don't have any criminal record (My wife and me) and we have very good profiles.
My brother residing in the usa was sentenced to 6 years in prison for fraud.

They ask for family member name/info on the PR Express Entry app of all immediate family members ...so I have included his info (DOB, full name etc.)

would it be a problem because that he has a criminal record ? Do we risk a refusal ?

Should I make a note in my Letter of Explanation ? Or is it not likely to impact my application that he has a criminal record?

is someone has been there ?
Hi,
Canadian PR works more based on CRS than anything else. So I don't think your brother's criminal record in USA will have a risk of refusal on your application if it is not a serious crime and you never had any run with the law.

Note here, seriousness of crime is a debatable topic and differs from individual to individual. Having said that, your application might go through a more detailed scrutiny if they do a thorough background check of all your immediate family members and find his criminal record to be of a very serious nature and co-relate you with that offence and think that it endangers Canada because of your presence in Canada.

You don't have to make a note of his criminal record as it is not asked for by them. Just give the information that is asked for. No more, no less and you will be fine with your application.

Take care and all the best!

dr.nax

Sep 11, 2020
Thanks,
I think that they will check firstly in him since he is in USA . He did false reclamations and claims for financial institutions ( rip off) with some of his
colleagues.

Hope that everything gona be OK :)