+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP - Plane Tickets for Stay Extension Application

Rainy_w

Feb 13, 2014
Hello,

I am going to extend my parents' stay, but I have a quick question regarding the flight ticket as supporting documents. They are currently on visitor visas (multiple entry, but not super visa) and I have already extended once last year (their stay expires July). When I submit my application online, I know that plane ticket will be a document to prove that they will be returning to their original country; however, they are planning to come back to Canada early next year again. In this case, can i buy a round trip ticket? So they will be leaving Canada in Oct and flying back Feb next year.

Or does round trip ticket look bad and the VO will think that they will not be leaving on time? If that's the case then I will buy a one-way ticket.

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Here's one problem you're going to face if you go ahead as planned - the airline won't let them board using only the second half of the return ticket to come back to Canada early next year. They will need a return ticket (to Canada and back to their home country) in order to board the airplane and visit Canada again early next year. Buy a one-way.

Rainy_w

Feb 13, 2014
scylla said:
Here's one problem you're going to face if you go ahead as planned - the airline won't let them board using only the second half of the return ticket to come back to Canada early next year. They will need a return ticket (to Canada and back to their home country) in order to board the airplane and visit Canada again early next year. Buy a one-way.
That's a good point, I might buy a one-way at that time, so if they stay over a year (from Feb 2015) then I can cancel it. If the ticket is round trip, I cannot cancel the other half. I tried doing it before, but there were no refund.. ???