+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - Physical Presence Calculator - Student and Work Permit

muald591

Oct 16, 2021
Hey Guys,

Before I became a PR - I had a post-graduation work permit. At the same time, I also applied for a study permit as I wanted to do some extra courses on the side. In the physical calculator do I list both permit or should I just list my post-graduation work permit? Can please anyone let me know if they were in a similar situation?

Also, my work permit expired one month before my PR - when entering time in the physical calculator do I enter that one month as a separate line or should I include that one month to my temporary work status with my work permit?

For example:
Work permit: 29-10-2016 - 09-07-2019
Implied status: 10-07-2019 - 07-08-2019

What I am asking is that how should I list that one month in the physical calculator. Any help will be appriciated. Thank you.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hey Guys,

Before I became a PR - I had a post-graduation work permit. At the same time, I also applied for a study permit as I wanted to do some extra courses on the side. In the physical calculator do I list both permit or should I just list my post-graduation work permit? Can please anyone let me know if they were in a similar situation?

Also, my work permit expired one month before my PR - when entering time in the physical calculator do I enter that one month as a separate line or should I include that one month to my temporary work status with my work permit?

For example:
Work permit: 29-10-2016 - 09-07-2019
Implied status: 10-07-2019 - 07-08-2019

What I am asking is that how should I list that one month in the physical calculator. Any help will be appriciated. Thank you.
Just work permit status.

Implied status means you were under work permit status until you became permanent resident.

For instance, a friend of mine, he was at the same boat; he saw one week later he became permanent resident, his application which gave him implied status was cancelled/annulé at his old portal web.

muald591

Oct 16, 2021
Just work permit status.

Implied status means you were under work permit status until you became permanent resident.

For instance, a friend of mine, he was at the same boat; he saw one week later he became permanent resident, his application which gave him implied status was cancelled/annulé at his old portal web.

Thank you so much for providing this information!