+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help paying the "processing fee"

TracySteve

Dec 15, 2008
Hello,

My husband and I are Americans applying for permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. But I am puzzled on how to pay the "Processing Fee" of $550 each. Can we do this online? Or do we have to send a bank draft?

I tried to pay online following the "Pay Fees Online" link on the CIC website. However, there is no "Skilled Worker Class" fee on the payment page - but there is a fee listed for every other Class. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank-you for your help!

-Tracy

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Application fees
If you are inside Canada
You can pay your fees online:
You can pay your fees online if you have Adobe® Acrobat Reader software, a printer and a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card. See the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

or

Pay fees at a financial institution in Canada:
If you cannot or do not want to pay online, you must get an original receipt of payment form IMM 5401 so you can pay at a financial institution (such as a bank or Western Union). This form is not available online so you must order an original receipt by mail.

Fees receipt:
See your application guide to find out if you must include the receipt of payment (IMM 5401) when applying from within Canada. Once you have paid your fees online, you must print a receipt of payment form and include it with your application. Be sure to print the actual receipt, not the “payment confirmation form” page.

If you are outside Canada
You can find information on fee payment methods at the website of the visa office responsible for your area. Visa offices cannot accept receipts for fees paid in Canada.

Note: Personal cheques are not accepted as payment.

KSN

Nov 20, 2008
TracySteve said:
Hello,

My husband and I are Americans applying for permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. But I am puzzled on how to pay the "Processing Fee" of $550 each. Can we do this online? Or do we have to send a bank draft?

I tried to pay online following the "Pay Fees Online" link on the CIC website. However, there is no "Skilled Worker Class" fee on the payment page - but there is a fee listed for every other Class. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank-you for your help!

-Tracy
Hi

-You can pay by Money Order, Cashiers Cheque, Certified Cheque, Bank Draft.

-They don't accept Cash, Personal Cheques, Credit Cards, Receipts for fees paid in Canada, Receipts for on-line payments, Fees in amounts other than those shown in the Fee Schedule.

see this link. http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/buffalo/visas/fees-en.asp

C

cajoejoe

Remember, you need to convert your US $$$ to canadian, when purchasing the cashier's Check. Otherwise they will return your check "Pay in Canadian $$$" as of December the 15th $1.00 USA = 1.2329 Canadian. Here is a link for currency converter.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=USD&to=CAD&submit=Convert

~j

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Hello Everyone,

The instructions for new skilled worker permanent resident processing (page 38) say in bold "In Canadian funds only;" since the new NOC guidelines came into practice.

Previosuly Buffalo had the option of paying in USD or Cad. I do not think it is still available in stage 1 for sending to Sydney, NS.

1) Has anyone filed the Stage 1 of skilled worker permanent resident processing to Sydney, Nova Scotia , paid in USD and got confirmation since the new process was put in place.

2) Where in US can I get money order, cashier cheque in Canadian dollars. Some of the banks, USPS say they do in USD only.

Thanks very much.