+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Parents got 5 year Multiple-Entry Visa Category V-1

hazelnut

Oct 22, 2013
Need advice from anyone please. I am a permanent resident here in Canada, and since we do not have any relatives here to help look after my son when both my husband and I are working, I applied for my parents to come here. I indicated super visa for parents/grandparents on the application form we submitted but since a few people has told me that for us not to be required of medical insurance immediately and for faster processing, better have them apply for a max of 6-month stay or below. So I did. And now their visa came out with Multiple Entry valid for 5 years under V-1 Category. Is this super visa already? I am confused... How long can they stay then? I have not bought their tickets yet. Can I have them stay for about a year or 2? What should we do next? PLease advice... Anything will be much appreciated. Thank you very much!

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
Hello Hazelnut ... no V1 is not a super visa ... it is a visitors visa and your parents can only stay a maximum of 6 months upon entry to Canada. Hope this helps

hazelnut

Oct 22, 2013
rowdboat said:
Hello Hazelnut ... no V1 is not a super visa ... it is a visitors visa and your parents can only stay a maximum of 6 months upon entry to Canada. Hope this helps
Thanks @rowdboat! Can I ask as well, maybe you or anybody in this forum can advice on what my next best step will be to make the duration or stay for my parents here longer or better if I can have inputs on how to make them stay permanently after I bring them over. Any inputs will really help. Thank you! :)

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
hazelnut said:
Thanks @ rowdboat! Can I ask as well, maybe you or anybody in this forum can advice on what my next best step will be to make the duration or stay for my parents here longer or better if I can have inputs on how to make them stay permanently after I bring them over. Any inputs will really help. Thank you! :)
not quite familiar with this supervisa thing there is a thread under the family class sponsorship that focuses mainly on sponsoring parents you might want to go visit that thread :)

Rita5

Jun 18, 2014
hazelnut said:
Need advice from anyone please. I am a permanent resident here in Canada, and since we do not have any relatives here to help look after my son when both my husband and I are working, I applied for my parents to come here. I indicated super visa for parents/grandparents on the application form we submitted but since a few people has told me that for us not to be required of medical insurance immediately and for faster processing, better have them apply for a max of 6-month stay or below. So I did. And now their visa came out with Multiple Entry valid for 5 years under V-1 Category. Is this super visa already? I am confused... How long can they stay then? I have not bought their tickets yet. Can I have them stay for about a year or 2? What should we do next? PLease advice... Anything will be much appreciated. Thank you very much!
Could you please leave me the multiple entry visa you applied for your parents? I can not find it. can I apply online? how many days did i take to receive the visa for them?
Thanks