+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help on education background

eyoatam

Sep 20, 2015
hello dear friends...my name is Eyoatam... i'm new to this forum and as i read it i got so many helpful points....and now i have questions of my own please help me out with them....thanks. :) :) :)

I have a University Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering. I also have a Diploma for a 2 year technical training in Aircraft Maintenance Technician from Ethiopian Airlines Aviation's Academy which is recognized by IATA, ICAO, FAA,and EASA. So my question is, will this give me an additional point???? Plus should i have this Diploma assessed by ECA too?

more importantly, I couldn't present this Diploma in hard copy or soft copy for reasons beyond my power (the organization won't give them to us, i don't know why)...so what other options do I have to prove my 2 year training? As an option, will Civil Aviation's Authority (CAA) technicians licence be a proof???? i ask this because if another diploma does increase my point, i need that point...what should i do.........?????
Please get back to me on these. I really do appreciate your generous assistance.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Eyoatam; you have to take equivalency (ECA) of all the academic degrees/diplomas along with their transcripts, if you wish to claim points through them in your visa application :)

you can search through the threads here as how to get that Equivalency ;

Do you have any post graduation qualification (Masters?) ; of how much years your engineering study was ?

If it was of 4 years, then its better you take equivalency of your engineering only as additional diploma wouldn't add up to your score ; couple of diplomas are made equaivalency so that they equate to a single 4 degree, if you already have that then you are good to go :)

eyoatam

Sep 20, 2015
feejay87 said:
Hello Eyoatam; you have to take equivalency (ECA) of all the academic degrees/diplomas along with their transcripts, if you wish to claim points through them in your visa application :)

you can search through the threads here as how to get that Equivalency ;

Do you have any post graduation qualification (Masters?) ; of how much years your engineering study was ?

If it was of 4 years, then its better you take equivalency of your engineering only as additional diploma wouldn't add up to your score ; couple of diplomas are made equaivalency so that they equate to a single 4 degree, if you already have that then you are good to go :)

thanks ...
another thing when work experience is reviewed does the NOC skill level matters? i mean like if i got skill level B does that decrease points in view of skill level A? and will it have impact on being selected? generally is Skill level A more prioritized than skill level B????

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No it doesn't matter :) ; select your NOC carefully after analyzing your job role and duties because some in hurry don't scan the complete list and end up choosing the wrong NOC when there is already a perfect fit for them :)