+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help needed. uk to canada

lukepick

Apr 24, 2012
Hi everyone
I am from the uk and my wife is canadian. She is currently in canada and I am in the uk. We are going to apply for spouse sponsor but I have read pages and pages but am still unclear on a few things. Maybe you could help.

Firstly do we collect her and my application together and send them to where or does she send hers and I send mine to the london office.
Also I need to get a police check from canada as I lived there for a year. I have had my finger prints taken and sent them away to the rcmp. Should I have not does this till our application is sent or do I have to collect everything first.
I have booked for my medical at the end of may. Is this to soon or do I need to have it before we apply

My baby is due to be born in september so I really need some help in starting this application.

Thanksss

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Both parts of the application have to be submitted together as one package to the Mississauga office. Once they have completed their review, they will forward the package to London.

2. No - you do not need a Canadian police clearance. But you do need to provide police clearances for every other country you have lived in for six months or more since the age of 18.

3. Your medical needs to be completed before you submit your application and proof that the medical has been done must be included in the application package.

thisdj1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 13th 2012
Med's Done....
FEB 2012
Hi I am a Canadian married to a British but we live in the UK together. recently we decided to move to Canada for a better life.

We handed in our sponser form in Feb and are still waiting on an email from Missisaguia. We filled out the forms together and sent together to Canada office as we were told it it was quicker and better to do so.

I am not sure but, if your wife is in Canada I belive she would have to sponser you from there and you will need to send the application in together with everything to Canada. I would suggest you have your medical done so atleast that is one thing out ot the way. Regarding the police report I am note sure if you have to get one from Canada or not maybe your wife can call immigration in Canada and ask because it is impossible to speak to anyone here.

Not sure about fingerprints we never did this?
We sent everything together with our application because if you dont it will delay things.

Hope this helps

lukepick

Apr 24, 2012
That's brillent thanks. One more question about fees. Do I send a postal order with the application or do I wait to pay the fees. What fees do I need to pay when we first send the application off?

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
lukepick said:
That's brillent thanks. One more question about fees. Do I send a postal order with the application or do I wait to pay the fees. What fees do I need to pay when we first send the application off?
Hiya, Im applying for spousal sponsorship from the London office as well...The easiest and quickest was paying online and printing off a copy of the reciept and attaching with the application forms, the total should come to $1040

thisdj1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 13th 2012
Med's Done....
FEB 2012
Hi you will need to send the payament when sending application becuase if you dont it will just slow things down
make sure you send a copy of the receipt. We paid ours online best way.

Always keep a copy for your self of everything you are sending just incase